Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cool cars and stuff in a restaurant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lepus, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Lepus

Lepus

This is Clyde's Restaurant in Chevy Chase, (the suburb, not the comedian)Maryland. It's a small chain, and each one is decorated differently. This one is my favorite. I have no connection with them. Trains, planes, and the Mercedes (rich) child's car upstairs, cars and bar downstairs. c10.JPG c11.JPG c12.JPG c13.JPG c15.JPG c9.JPG c8.JPG c7.JPG c6.JPG c5.JPG c4.JPG c3.JPG c2.JPG c14.JPG

2. I bet a hamburger & fries would be expensive,someone has to pay for all the eye candy. HRP

lothiandon1940, j3harleys and da34guy like this.
  3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

4. Lepus

Lepus

HRP, it is a bit pricey,we don't eat there a lot.

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.

5. Cool place.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. It's a way to "collect" and "own" vintage items but write 'em off against the business income.
    If I wasn't retired and I still owned my business, my company car would maybe be the '52 Chevy panel truck I'm restoring for big bucks. I would take the "depreciation" each year and when the paper value was $0, I'd buy it from the "corporation" for a few hundred bucks and the corporation would pay a few bucks tax on that "profit".

7. Thats cool. I lived in Maryland until last year and never heard of the place. Looks really neat. I moved to Cape Coral FL and there is a Ford's Garage here, a auto themed burger joint... ford-s-garage.jpg images (29).jpg ford-s-garage (1).jpg images (30).jpg images (31).jpg
    Sorry if I hijacked your post

MO_JUNK, Stogy, Legends47 and 19 others like this.
  8. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Got some neat stuff going on there.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

9. Squablow

Squablow

That's my thoughts as well, and why not. It does make for a neat looking restaurant.

I've been to similar places and there's a fine line between a really cool display and eating at a flea market. This place looks pretty nicely done. Other ones I've seen remind me of the "Cafe 80's" they joked about in Back to the Future II.

10. Lepus

Lepus

Greasemonkey, Ford's Garage is really cool too. I like the sink, and the truck table.

11. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

I did my part ONCE many years ago at Hard Rock Cafe Maui, $25 for two hamburgers.

Dean Lowe likes this.
  12. Speedwrench

Speedwrench

This is a small chain in Florida. They are building their first non-Florida outlet here in Dearborn not far from the Henry Ford Museum. They have the blessing of Ford corporate.

13. Thats good to hear. We have 3 locations nearby. I knew they wanted to expand to Michigan. Henry Ford's winter home was in Ft Myers so we have lots of Ford themed stuff here

loudbang and lothiandon1940 like this.
  14. .....................Same here, didn't know it was there, heard of Clyde's but, didn't know it was like this. Chevy Chase is a pretty "upscale" area. Guess I better start saving now if I want to go eat there and check it out.:D

15. Maybe they could put one were Philly Flash was it would be a nice place to have a car show.

lothiandon1940 and wraymen like this.
  16. That might get you a bowl of soup in Chevy Chase. It is served with a silver spoon though.

17. Speaking of that......ya think they are still going to meet there tonight?

18. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Try this place out:

19. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

This one is in the black hills of South Dakota. Beside the fact that they didnt have a clue and put model A wheels on it. IMG_0490.JPG

20. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

There is a neat little diner not far from me, no cars inside but the menu and decor are car themed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. wutnxt

wutnxt

Farmington ?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Hey Paul
    Yes, Farmington.
    If you ever want to venture this way for lunch, I'm right off I-5, give a shout and stop by.
    We can go for a burger, guys and girls or whatever.

23. This is Russell's Travel Center, just 4 miles north of Springer, NM - exit 419 off of I-25. They have quite a collection of 50's and 60's memorabilia in the restaurant. We stop there every time we pass. Of course, everything in NM has red and green chili on it! :eek::cool:

russells-outdoor-sign.jpg

betty-boop-lamp.jpg

img_0637.jpg

img_0635.jpg

cars-big-and-small.jpg

img_0633.jpg

24. I wonder if having all that stuff to look at would keep people off their damn phones! I know when I go in, I would be more interested in the stuff than the food!
    Those are some pretty neat places you guys have there.
    There are some around here, but they are festooned with Chinese made junk art, with neon signs saying "Chevrolette" and "Ford Mstang". For real!

loudbang, Ron Funkhouser and Montana1 like this.
  25. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Boy, that whole deal with people being glued to their little electronic pacifiers has me baffled too. I suspect the only thing that will jar people from them will be Armagedon.

loudbang, Montana1 and wraymen like this.
  26. Here in Rockmart GA, we have Knucklehead's Cafe with a Harley-Davidson theme, lots of vintage and late model Harleys on display inside. Building is the old D&F Chevrolet building, Good food, generous portions, and not terribly expensive.

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  27. So did I, but the floating Caddy is sure cool! What did you expect, something affordable in paradise? ;):)

philly the greek and loudbang like this.
  28. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Dean
    Since posting that I see the HRC Maui has closed.
    "Here today, gone from Maui".

29. AMEN! :eek::D