Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects convertibles

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sunbeam, Nov 1, 2019.

1. 54vicky

54vicky

drove my 62 eldo with top down any day it was not raining or snowing.I kept the heater on high and wearing a t-shirt:cool:

Special Ed likes this.
  2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

I have saw a rough but up and rolling 40s ford convertible at a guy I knows garage/junkyard for the last several months, still sitting in the same spot with the top bows up and intact from the looks of it. I always think of the 47 in Karate kid when I see it and wouldnt mind having it but Not sure I would be dedicated enough to build it, so I dont get involved, but still a shame to see it just setting there....It is at least sitting in front of the garage on concrete.

3. My all time favorite, Merry Christmas.

[​IMG]

Dave Mc likes this.
  4. lostmind

lostmind

This thread got me counting. I can remember 7 , there may be more .
    They all rattled and leaked , they were all heavier than a 4 door.
    Most of them were " whooped" on when I got them.
    I bought most of them because they were a " good deal'
    Had some fun and some discomfort , made some money on them , glad they're gone.
    I like coupes a whole lot better.
    Four door Hudsons are the most comfortable best riding I've had.

5. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

I like having the option , Top up or top down
    IMG_0527.JPG six pics 002 (1280x1024).jpg

40FORDPU and Hamtown Al like this.
  6. 38bill

38bill
    from Minnesota

I had a '66 Chevy Impala convertible that I purchased in '70. White with black top and interior. Fun car! It felt like cruising in a boat (rode like one too) with the top down. Never leaked and it had a glass rear window not the crappy plastic ones that so many used. I had a hard time selling it in the late '70's but I'm sure it would sell fast today since "collector" cars are pretty much just a summertime ride here in MN. FYI: Black seats get really, really hot in the summer sun.

7. donno

donno

We have one...

Attached Files:

8. My first car was a convertible and I probably should have kept it...but mainly because me and my dad built it together to be my first car. Problem was...I was a hot rod guy more than a convertible guy, so lost interest before I ever even turned 16. My wife likes convertibles, so we have had 4 more since then and have one that is actually HAMB friendly now. But, it is for sale too. I think I will stick to cars with tops.