Register now to get rid of these ads!

Connecticut Hambers. Jay Gawkowski??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Enbloc, Apr 25, 2006.

1. To cut a long story short, I have just purchased a '31 Roadster here in the UK that has been imported from Connecticut or to be more accurate Waterbury.

The story is that Jay Gawkowski had owned the roadster since the early 40's when he turned it into a Hot Rod.
    He had owned the roadster up until last year when it was sold 90% finished maybe due to him being in poor health.

Jay Gawwkowski is meant to have photos of the roadster from the 40's which copies were with the roadster but because of a couple of changes in ownership the copies are now missing.

Contact has tried to be made with Jay since the sale of the roadster with no luck.

Obviously I would love to get in contact with Jay about his old roadster, which is why I am posting this.

Maybe you know him or of him?
    I have his full address from a box of spares that came with the car that had been sent to his house.

This is the car at the moment.

[​IMG]

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

WOW! That car was 45 minutes up the road and I never knew it existed!:eek: Great score! Will it get the Riley 2 port? :D

3. 5window

5window

There's a Jay Gawkowski that's been active in the East Coast Gassers club. I've Googled him and can't find much else,sorry. What do you have to do to drive those cars in London? There was a "business" opportunity on Ebay recently offering 10 registration/license plates for sale for only $189,000. How's that work?

4. Active in the East Coast Gassers club?

That would make sense as he was also meant to have had anglia and willys gasser's in the 60's!

5. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

6. Mmmm very interesting!

Born '54 (!) and seems like he's moved recently.

7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Born in 1954 would make him too young to have even participated in the gasser wars, really. A son, maybe?

8. 51 MERC-CT

51 MERC-CT

Could very well be a son or other relative.:D :)