Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Comet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crashfarmer, Sep 13, 2019.

1. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

1965 and 66 must have been good years for farming because my parents bought a new 4020 John Deere in 1965 and a new Mercury Colony Park station wagon in 1966. Watching this 1965 Mercury Comet Caliente sell at an auction recently brought back those memories of when my parents bought the big wagon at Orville Lowe's Midtown Motors in downtown Des Moines. And of the Cyclone on the showroom floor back then that I lusted for. :)

I took a video of the Comet selling:

2. alanp561

alanp561
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Damned internet:(

3. oldiron 440

oldiron 440

That's still not a bad deal.

4. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Are you having internet problems?

Not bad for a running and driving car.

5. Ok I couldn’t watch it all...impatient...how much did it go for

6. upspirate

upspirate

$7250

7. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Used to be a 64-65 Mercury Caliente' Comet in the neighborhood here. Red with a black interior. Had a 4 speed, but I don't know what engine was in the car. Guy used to just park it on the street. I want to say it had Ansen TTD's on it, but it has been 20 years or so. Kept waiting for a "For Sale" sign to go up on it, but the house finally went up for sale. Nice car, and I'm not really a Ford guy, but I'd sure like to have had it. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    crashfarmer likes this.
  8. crashfarmer

crashfarmer
    from Iowa

Years ago a girlfriend owned a 1st generation Comet 2 door. It had a 4 speed and nice chrome reverse wheels but under the hood was, to my disappointment was an inline 6. I wasn't real impressed with 6 cylinders back then. :) I never once rode in or drove it since I preferred my own vehicle. If I'd have ever gotten my hands on it the first thing I would have done was yank that engine out for something bigger back then but things didn't work out that way. And I went on to date another girl who's parent's had a house on a lake, a couple of boats and her dad let me drive his Chevy 4x4 pickup all I wanted to plus he had extra gas tanks on it and he kept it full all the time and I never had to buy gas for it. :) Those were the days, she would even come down to my parents house and pick me up. :) :cool: