Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Comet seats?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by uglysteve, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Can anyone tell me if the 62 Comet s22 ever had a high back bucket seat option? I'm looking at one with high back bucket seats and the guy swears they're original. And that the seats are high back buckets BECAUSE it's the s22 model. I thought they only had low back buckets, and that the s22 is the ONLY model with buckets.

2. Not likely, they may have had removable head rests but that is highly unlikely as well.

3. The guy is scamming you.... Ford didn't even offer headrests as an option until '67 IIRC, and they became required in '69.

4. I actually have one 62 Comet bucket seat stored away and it is a short back like the Falcon and all the other early bucket seats.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

do a online search for Old Car Brochures site

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  6. This is what I get when I click the link.

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /static/NA/mercury on this server.

Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at www.oldcarbrochures.com Port 80

I must be on some kind of a watch list or something. :D:D LOL

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

so, the link does not work. but on Old Car Brochures site there is copy of a 1962 Comet S22 factory sales brochure and clearly shows interior - low back bucket seats.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  8. Crazy Steve got the year right for ford, my first car with headrests was a '68 Ford. They were not high back buckets before the very late '60s or early '70s anyway they were seats with head rests.

9. Yeah see that's what I thought. I knew they weren't right. They look like random 90s bucket seats with seat covers. I just sent the guy a link to that brochure and I think I pissed him off haha. Oh well.

10. Better that he be pissed off then you be pissed on I suppose.

11. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Nothing like a pissed off BS artist. Good for you.

12. oldcars.acadia

oldcars.acadia