Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Come with me to the Street Rod Nats! Live event coverage!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChevyGirlRox, Aug 3, 2011.

1. I was able to spend Thursday and Friday at the Nat's.
    For those that couldn't go you missed a great show.
    Megans pictures are right on. Lots of cool rides that three years ago could not be there.
    If you are boycotting the Nats because of the year break, well, you lose.
    Keep up the excellent coverage girl.

2. scarylarry

scarylarry

and I want that rocket/carnival ride!!

3. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

$800 on the rocket, $1300 on the car. Vendor is from here in KY, will be set up tomorrow. Let me know if you guys are interested.

4. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

thanks a lot for the coverage!

5. Only 10,000 hotrods in one place. How sad.:D If a guy can't have fun at the nats, he must be dead. Thanks Megan.:)

6. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Missed the meet and greet by 10min. Time to hit the road maybe spend the nite in Dayton before making back to Amish, PA

7. Jeff J

Jeff J

Good seeing ya again Megan ! Next time ya can take my roadster out for a spin and save on your feet! It was just sitting there collecting dust !

8. RAY With

RAY With

Thanks for the great coverage and taking the time to post it all.

9. Great coverage. See everybody next year!

10. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Got home late last night after staying for the awards ceremony and helping out a friend from home broke down on the highway. Ironically enough he was broke down really close where I had my big accident! This year, Saturday specifically, marked the 5th anniversary!

I had a great time, hope you guys enjoyed the pics. I plan to do this at all the big shows I go to from now on!

11. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Nice selecton of pics , and thanks for letting us ride "shotgun" on your trip .

12. REBEL43

REBEL43
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from TENNESSEE

Great coverage, Thanks for posting

13. pumpman

pumpman

Couldn't go, but sure glad you did. Thanks for the great pics. I think I'll go in my shop and cry now.

14. JMD82

JMD82

Nice pics and thanks for sharing!!
    :D Missy

15. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

thanks Megan....good job

16. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Thanks Megan, I appreciate the effort you put into this. I couldn't make it to Louisville this year. Hope to visit with you again at either the HAMB Drags or Kalamazoo. Sam

17. I didn't say YOU were drunk - just drunk bowling at the Street Rodder magazine party (although I'm still not convinced who was and wasn't inebriated)

Glad you made it home OK. After a few delays got in about 1 this morning, now back at work :(
    Was a lot of fun drinking with you and Matt, hope to see ya again soon

18. JMD82

JMD82

Does anyone have anymore pictures of this Beauty??? Love this car!!
    Missy :D

19. i got a shot of it from the rear and basically the same shot as this one in my pic link thread along with 1200 other pics from the show

nice pics megan too bad i didnt run into you there

20. JMD82

JMD82

Thanks! And Great Pics..looks like an awesome show!

21. Megan nice seeing you again your a class act Thanks for the coverage.Also it was great seeing everyone who stopped by the meet & greet we the Rod Kings are not very prepared but trying to do better.Hope everyone enjoyed the apple pie.....good talking to ya BobK have a safe trip to Bonnieville an ArtofHotrod hopefully you can make it next year?

22. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Thanks Megan, that is one fine looking chevy...

23. Hot_Rod_Joe

Hot_Rod_Joe

Megan,

Thanks for taking a pic of my car! I saw you at the meet & greet but didn't get a chance to talk, as you were always surrounded by men. ;)

HRJ

[​IMG]

24. bearmkt

bearmkt
    from Arkansas

I was fortunate to be able to attend this years event and it was my first time to attend. I was amazed at all of the cars and the pictures in here capture a good cross section of what was there. I had an opportunity to see a ton of cars but there was one in particular that was the highlight of the trip for me.

After two days off seeing car after car and row after row they all started to run together. We had toured the inside car parts, swap yard etc and were working our way back to the car. One of the rows had a 1932 ford three window coupe in black. After seeing so many this one was an old school car with flathead and homemade fenders so I did a double take at the homemade fenders.

Alongside the car was the owner and he saw me looking at it and came over and said hi. He was very nice and started to talk about the car. He was 80 years old and bought the car when he got back from the Korean war. He said the car was going to be a dirt tracker and he bought it from the guy before it headed to the track. He was 22 at the time and the car was basically stock.

He chopped the top on his own. Said he had to make his own carbon, made a welder from a model a engine and started chopping the top. Made his own rims, pushbars, fenders etc. Took the flathead out of a car, added a zephyr transmission, steering wheel out of another etc. He had pictures in his trunk showing the car from the 1950 time period on to current. He owned the car all that time.

Was amazing talking to one of the original hot rodders and made me appreciate how things are now. He fabbed everything on the car as thats just what they did. It wasnt the flashiest car at the show but in my mind was the highlight of the trip and I would have passed right by it had the owner not been so kind with his time and share the history of the car

25. You are talking about my friend Ron and his 32. Ron is definately an original hot rod hero and one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. We had a great weekend hanging out with him(we were parked next to him) he is allways cutting up and making us laugh.
    Thanks for posting Megan, it was good to see you again. Bummed I missed the Meet & Greet. See ya in Daytona.
    B.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  26. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

It was a pleasure to meet you Megan. And thanks to all at the meet and greet for a great time. Both Days! Mark I still want a shirt!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  27. Oldmanolds I will be calling you later for that address......

28. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

Megan,

Thanks for the great shots of Lit-Up and Emerald Tide.
    Jimmy was so happy to take you crusin in Lit-Up.
    Yes, Bob K made it by on the way to race on the salts.
    Great to see you and can't wait to see you guys again!!!

29. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Nice pics. Funny how big the show is and we ran in to you, Bob, and Jimmy the metal man. Lots of nice hotrods there!

30. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

It's crazy how after trying to catch up all weekend we ran into each other right before we left town! For sure at Thanksgiving, we'll go to Jojo's yummy restaurant!

Nice meeting you as well!

I LOVED going for a ride in it! I can't wait to ride in it again! It was great seeing you guys and bowling was fun too!

It is funny how that works! Some people I looked for all weekend and never saw and some people I saw multiple times a day. It is a big place, that's for sure