Here's my "value oriented" alternative to the Lokar column shift linkage kit. All you need is a couple linkage ends from your local auto parts place, a piece of 3/8" fuel line, a couple 2" fine thread bolts and a bit of steel. The first part to figure out was the arm that bolted to my turbo 350. I used the stock "U" shaped piece of linkage that was on it. Cut off the one end. For the slotted end a 49 Olds generator bracket gave up it's life. The time consuming part is figuring out the lenght of the shift rod and the position along the slotted end. I took the fuel line and guestimated the lenght, and ovaled the ends slightly. Cut the ends off of the bolts and tap them into the tube. The ovaled ends hold the bolts tight enough to allow you run the shifter though the gears but allow you to make adjustments as required. Once I had that figured out I welded the bolts to the tube. It would have been easier just to use a piece of threaded rod but I didn't want it to look like a Massey Ferguson. I took a couple hours but it only cost me 12 bucks.