Register now to get rid of these ads!

Columbus NHRA reunion & my F-100 vs Wil E. Coyote

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scott K, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Scott K

Scott K

Thought the reunion was good. Been to Bakersfield, some things better, some not. More Gassers than I've seen anywhere and the Funny cars were impressive. Wished there was a full class of fast fuel rails. The show was mostly street rods and muscle cars with a few nice traditional cars, some P.O.S. rat rods, and a Riddler great 8 contender for variety. I thought the cacklefest was ok, was done a little strange.
    And for drama, Tommy Ivo ran into the back of Don Garlits during the cacklefest. Garlits continued up the strip. Ivo's car was hurt. The front axle, radius rods , and steering were bent and that beautiful nose piece was looking beat.

Overall a good show and dad was happy. Until...............

Made the decision to head home (3 - 4 hr drive). Just south of Toledo, Wil E. Coyote decides to test his ACME rocket pack and tries to blast across the freeway in front of my F-100....we both lost.
    He managed to meet my bumper, grille, and left front fender before squeezing into that 4" slot between the bumper and the road. A few bumps later the bag-o-bones spits out the back for the next lucky motorist (I went back later and dragged his sorry ass off to the side).
    My truck looks ok from 50 ft, but up close a lot of stuff is bent. Looks like I'll need a new left front fender, grille, bumper, valence under the grille, header panel, park light and headlight. Some pieces should be fixable, but all are bent/twisted/torn.....All this from a 30 lb Coyote @ 60mph.

Bodymen, care to speculate on costs to repair, colormatch, and repaint the front clip?? Also, anyone around Detroit really know their shit about color matching??

Couple of shots of the damage, chopped down they lose some detail, but you get the idea. Just for comparison, I included a shot of the undamaged right side. The close-up of the left side shows how far the fender is bowed out (approx 1 3/4 inches) and pushed back at the bottom about an inch.

Attached Files:

2. Tacson

Tacson

Dude,
    Your chance meeting with the Coyote sucks. I am down in TN let me know if I can help you in any way locating replacement parts. They are all available. You have Hot Rod Trucks not far from Michigan outside of Springfield, OH.

Donald

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Ah shit! That sucks. Thankfully neither you or Dad were hurt and the truck is certainly fixable. Call/PM Rudy and ask him the phone number of the shop his painter Keith went to. I believe its call Reiters or something like that and if I needed something painted in Detroit I would take it there. Of course if I needed Big Olds painted I'd take it to Earl Schieb :D

4. Scott K

Scott K

Just adding a few pics. Stuff I didn't see in the other posts

Attached Files:

• 009.JPG
      009.JPG
      File size:
      109.9 KB
      Views:
    • 017.JPG
      017.JPG
      File size: