Register now to get rid of these ads!

Collin Casey's car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brokenspoke, Oct 25, 2012.

1. I can just see Casey grinning! HRP

[​IMG]

2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

God I remember everytime he left the speed shop he would do a big, unnecessary, kind of annoying, way to close to people burnout and tire smoke would drift into the shop and over the crowd. We'd scowl a little. It kinda ruled now that I think about it.

3. What kinda times?

4. It was good to see the car again and meet you Doc at the Thaw. It's funny, all flatheads sound similar, but that flathead has it's own sound, like recognizing the voice of an old friend. I staged behind you a couple of times in the lanes and I'd roll down the window to hear it.

5. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

WOW 6 miles at full throttle

6. blasted

blasted
    from N. Tex

Ain't that a hoot.
    Bill you know Collin's sick sense of hummer as well as any. Not once but twice the throttle hung Full Throttle, in 3rd gear. It opened my eyes the first time. I forgot he hide the key under the dash, lol. The end was coming fast.

Attached Files:

7. So awesome to see the car on the streets again. Like Richared said drinking behind Kontental club durning my first round up is something I will not forget. It was like the real hot rod guys were in the alley having beers and telling lies. OH and seeing Richard being Richard, and Collin trying to out do him. I will not make it this year to round up so will some please take a lone star out back of the club and raise it for Collin.

8. seatex

seatex

Damn good to see her at the track again, and you too, my brother! 24 passes? just like 'ol Collin would want it. Not sure he would approve of my purple wagon, but 'Ya done good Doc!

9. blasted

blasted
    from N. Tex

I was thinking of our bud Collin today and re-read this post.
    Collins old hotrod is doing good and seems to be happy.
    As an update, Collins rod went to the Texas Nostalgia Nationals here is Dallas a few months ago and had some fun.
    Since most know of Skot's and Collins fun filled grudge matches, let it be known that Collins coupe beat Skot out for the flathead championship, lol. It also won stock hotrod class and 3rd @4th place in the final eliminators.

So Collin's coupe is still banging gears, drag racing and winning a few.

As Collin would have said, Flatheads forever and Brackets are better, lol.

What a unforgettable soul he was.

10. I saw some pics of the coupe from back in the 80's he posted on the 32 5 window thread... made me think of him today too.

11. seatex

seatex

Doc, I keep meaning to ask you, did you get his "magic" cooler, too? It had room for a six pack, but NEVER ran out, always had a cold one for anyone wanting one............whatafknguy. Miss 'ya, buddy!

12. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

The old girl could'nt have ended up in better hands.

13. seatex

seatex

Got that right, Timbo, got that right!

14. blasted

blasted
    from N. Tex

Hey buds, thanks.
    Walking in the shop everyday and seeing the old girl seating there gives me memory smiles.