Register now to get rid of these ads!

Coker 600R16 how many miles can I expect

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky_1974, Feb 6, 2009.

1. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

I am considering getting a set of Coker 600R16's (the radial bias ply look-al-iikes) and I am wondering if any one knows how many miles they expect to get on these tires are they 10,000; 30,000; 50,000 mile tires assuming no hot rodding and the like...just curious before I lay almost a grand down for tires I would like to know if they will last a few seasons:D. Thanks!

2. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

I just spen the big cash for tires, firestone gum dipped, is the only way to go, i was hopeing to get 3 -4 years out of mine..

3. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

car they're going on? how hard do you drive? are you OCD about tire pressure, alignment, and rotation?

5. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

Okay so maybe I am going about this all wrong...will they last longer than a set of bias plys treated the same. Cuz normal radials will last about as long as 2 or 3 sets of bias plys for me, but since these are specialty tire I wanted to know if I can expect similar performance.

They are going on a 36 taildragger, I am not OCD about anything more ADD if anything. I think rotation is a great thing and I even do it some times. Alignment has been done and will be checked periodically.

6. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

Have you thought about calling Coker and asking them? I doubt they would bullshit you, seems like they would not make many friends that way. And as far as I can tell Corky and his crew have done nothing but make friends, and if they have not, they have gone out of their way to make sure that things were made right in the end.

7. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

They should last a good wile, hell i cant say enough good things about coker tire as they have done me good and great service all the time.. I can undestand its alot of money but.. Good cheese comes with a price...

8. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

What can I say, I am shy and lazy. Thought I would post here and hope his crew or he would weigh in. That and there are a bunch of people here that have opinions and I would not mind hearing their thoughts. For sure though if I don't hear anything I will call before I put any cash down

Besides I did a search here and on all the interwebs for an answer and could not find anything. If this thread get some answers it will be available for all those as curious as I am, but even lazier or shyer:eek::D.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The radial tire will always get better mileage than the bias-ply tire all things being equal.
    The other key to mileage is how hard, or soft, is the rubber compound. The harder the more mileage, the softer the less mileage.