Register now to get rid of these ads!

coil spring question..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sloppymotor, Mar 13, 2011.

1. sloppymotor

sloppymotor
    from iowa

can someone please tell me why someone put some sort of spacers in the front coils on my 54 buick... looks like it was to raise the front up.... i think i can put a rachet extension in it and turn it and it will come out.... any help..?? :eek:

2. 69fury

69fury

kinda answered yer own question, there. Does it appear higher than it should be? if not then it'll probably bit a bit lower than it should be if you take them out- Might need look for new springs...or not if you like it lower...

take the weight off the springs before trying to fire them through your skull during removal.

rick

3. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Probably had sagging springs. Those are used to get it back up. Too bad they compaound the damage to the spring. Couls also be the result of cutting the coils too short when trying to lower it. Either way, you need new springs.

4. sloppymotor

sloppymotor
    from iowa

thanks guys... I was gonna cut the springs to lower it... maybe now i dont have to... the springs look to be in very good condition... It kinda looks like someone tryied to get that front higher...rear lower look... like a merc lowrider......