Register now to get rid of these ads!

coffee canned honda at kkoa leadsled show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cadillac daddyo, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cadillac daddyo

cadillac daddyo
    from wichita ks

I'm new to the sight and havent been to a kkoa show in years but a honda in the leadsled show that aint right. I'm sorry but you got a few kool cars out in vistor parking and a honda on the grounds c'mon that aint right,or is it just me.
    I know the kkoa open to even new cars but when they turn down nice cars and the honda gets to block the drive. That aint right. I can see car that are built in the kustom style kkoa show great like the VOODOO SPIDER ,but a tuner is a tuner and i didnt like it.:eek: what do y'all think

2. I went to a show put on by the Vintage Tin car club in MD and there was a boddydropped or as we call it "channeled" Amigo there within the sea of rods, customs and muscle cars.....I was confused, but wasn't concerned about it.

3. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

4. monsterflake

monsterflake

kkoa used to isolate the post-64 cars, but you need revenue to be around next year, right? ;) they held the torch thru the lean years, let's hope they're still there for a 50th lead sled spectacular.

5. KustmAce

KustmAce

oh no! end of the world!

6. mommy mommy they had a honda at the show

7. 54delray

54delray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Fremont NE

Kool cars in the spectator parking happens at all kind of shows. For whatever reason. Sometimes the owners don't think they are "show worthy", other times they don't want to have to "pay" to show their car. They don't think they are getting their money's worth, nevermind the fact that the promoter pays ahead of time for all sorts of stuff, location/hall rental, security, entertainment, advertising, porta=pots, etc... then prays for good weather. I don't get it myself.

As far as the Honda/tuner. Yeah, it was there, but it didn't make my roll of film. I know they had to pay to get in, weather or not anybody would call it a new concept custom, I don't know. But by paying, they are supporting KKOA, and that's good by me. I think KKOA does a pretty good job promoting and blending the new customs in with the old Kustoms. I don't think they ever claimed tuners are new customs, but as long as it doesn't turn into an import/tuner show, I don't think they mind taking the guy's money. They also took money from owners of pretty stock looking early 70's Monte Carlo, Nova, a Mid 70's Chevelle, a late 70's town car, and a buick regal, and on and on. They all paid, which goes into the coffers to produce more KKOA shows.

My advice, tune out the tuner. With they number of kustoms and rods there in Salina, it was easy to focus on the stuff we all like.

8. haring

haring

Wow, the HAMB has gone soft.

I miss the old days.

9. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.