Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Cochran Garage... FOUND?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 18, 2020.

1. rusty valley

rusty valley

2. If not a book, a screenplay/script for sure. Do some digging into finding out the nefarious customers who needed fast cars and what they needed them for. The bigger the names and the badder the better when it comes to selling a story.

3. BJR

BJR

So you are following in the family tradition.... hanging out with hoodlums, only on the internet now here on the Hamb. :D

4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It is... I'm an idiot.

5. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Nah, you probably just blocked it out because you couldn't believe anyone in your family would own a Chevy......

kidcampbell71 and Nostrebor like this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

hahahaha

Moriarity likes this.
  7. Or maybe it was the hit from that Camaro he put on its lid?

Moriarity likes this.
  8. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Here are a couple of pictures of the shop in Umbarger, Texas that my dad ran for Reeves McDonald for a while in the 50s. Reeves was a real Scotsman, a heavy brogue and thrifty. I spent a lot of time with Dad there. When I was 8 or 9 I helped him (sanding) repaint my grandad's '41 Ford pickup. in this shop. By then it had one of my hot rodder Uncle Blake's (on the tractor) engines in it. A '48 X block with a '49 Merc crank. The engine ended up in my brother's '39 coupe that he and I took to California in the summer of '58.
    It was during that paint job that Dad told me the story of how the many small dents in the back of the cab were the result of miscalculation during an evening of illegal watermelon appropriation.

100_1137.jpg 100_1135.jpg 100_2284.jpg