Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest "Cobra Merc" Sly Stallone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigdaddy, Dec 1, 2009.

1. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Did Bill Papke supply the merc's for the movie Cobra?

2. Wasn't Eddie Paul the builder?
    Not sure who supplied the cars though..

3. Agreed, and that isn't saying much considering the Pharohs Merc was a POS as well.

4. Herdez

Herdez

I liked that car being it was the 80s. It brought Moon disc caps back in style for guys my age I guess.

I do remember some guy in town taking a red 86 notch back stang with dropped stance, adding Moons and BF'S all around, sheet metal rear wing and a Boss 302 or cleveland sounded choppy as hell rowing gears in it.

5. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

I saw that movie in '86 or whenever it came out - I was in high school at
    the time and drove a '51 merc coupe.

I thought the Cobra merc was gay. Even then I knew hood scoops and
    blackwalls on a custom were f'ed up and smashing up all those mercs was
    lame.

I was embarrassed when I drove home and people thought my merc looked like
    Cobra.

6. mikes51

mikes51

[​IMG]
    Interesting interior photo. There was a thread and photos on the HAMB many years ago about the Cobra car.

That thread must have been about one of the other cars that was set up for the stunts. The interior was strictly business. Bucket seats with those Simpson type seat belt/restraints and a huge box shaped console with a gazillion switches on it.

7. Rusty

Rusty

That has got to be the coolest hotrod merc of all time

I was a youngin when that movie was out. I never was a taildragger fan since my dad always had hot rods, so when that movie came out with a chopped hot rod style merc I loved it, It was one of the few cars that have stood out at the movies

Rusty

8. 2Hep

2Hep

I must say I "loved" that car too when I first saw that movie as a little kid, I always thought it was light grey, not dark...hmmm The hood scoop and the tilt steering wheel would have to go. Cool, hope he gets it back

9. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

i want to know how many gears this mercury had. I remember watching this years back and every car chase he was jamming gears over and over and over again. LOL and supercharger button was good

10. I had a Kustom '51 Merc at the time the movie came out.
    I could have made a small fortune giving rides to fans who
    wanted to hop in a car like Lieutenant Marion 'Cobra' Cobretti drove.. lol

11. I hated the way that Merc looked,when that wovie came out! I was pissed when they tore them all up too! That Merc could still look great. It's not too far from "cool",hahaha! But then,it wouldn't have the following that it does.
    I hear what you're saying Weez. Wish I had a dollar for every dumbass who says "Isn't that the car from Cobra?". Funny thing is,I heard the same thing when I was driving my son's Shoebox around,LOL!!!!

12. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

hey COBRETTI, you know you got an attitude problem?!

yea but its just a LITTLE ONE!

13. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

HAHAHAHA!!! Fucking funny!!

i was showing pics of my chevy to my local liquor store clerk the other day, indian man, and he said with his indian accent "" Oh I love those Cobra cars, is very good!":eek:

HAHA!!!

Too funny!!

14. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

"You guys are forgetting about one thing".......

RAMBO.

15. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Yo....wayer di i pak my ca? Yo man...anyall see mu ca? ADRIAAAAN.....this izit..nutttin i can doo bout it now....they drew first blood......there it iz.....STOP OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT. And to think, he supposably desinged the cobra car!!!! Explains it all!!!

16. funny thing Sly pulled up next to me at a stop light in Santa Monica short time after the movie was released. driving the Merc with the COOL 50 plates. no hood scoop and painted Maroon. looked better. I said "Nice Merc" he gave me a thumbs up and said "Tanks!" I guess thats thanks in Sly talk

17. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I almost fell outa my chair!

18. That Pharohs merc is in Oregon. it's had a lot of repairs done but is still rough around the edges. I'd love to fix the glass problems

Attached Files:

19. jasone

jasone

Sly designed the car, huh? Maybe he should have stuck to designing cars instead of starring in turds like Rhinestone and Oscar. I'm just saying.

20. DDlova

DDlova
    from Virginia

i love the Cobra Merc, always have. sucks that they destroyed it in the movie, but it was cool as hell to see a chopped Merc getting driven hard. i like the hood scoop, mini-blower, the white letter tires and the B&M Megashifter. it's not a "traditional" custom Mercury, but when did anyone claim it was supposed to be one? it was and still is a bad assed movie car.

does Stallone REALLY want it back or is it just something for him to bitch about? i'd almost guarantee that if he gets it back, it shows up in the Barrett-Jackson auction shortly afterwards.

Dave

21. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

Did somebody say Deathrace?

[​IMG]

22. 00 MACK

00 MACK

That aint it.

23. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

90% of all civilians think my 54 Chevy is the Cobra car.

24. racer67x

racer67x

25. sinks88

sinks88

I still love that car, even tho its a bit bulky~

26. TheFrenZ

TheFrenZ
    from Germany

Stop wearing that Cobretti mask Nads !

27. GothboY

GothboY
    from SoCal

Whatever the deal is, I hope he gets it back. I just dont like to see people lose their cars and then get assed out when it turns up again. Not because its Sly, Not because it's the Cobra merc, but just on general principal.
    -GothY-

28. ...kinda like the blower switch Chuck Norris had on his Bronco in Lonewolf McQuaid??:cool:

29. kingrollo

kingrollo

When you gotta' have nitrous to catch a Dodge Aspen ya' know ya' got problems!

30. How bout in the start of the movie when Sly sneaks in the grocery store to kill that dude, and he happens to stop by the Coors tall can section then he cracks one open(warm might I add) takes a swig and launches it like a grenade out in the battle field to make some noise for the killer.