Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Clutch Popper Wednesdays

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Jan 6, 2011.

1. from the movie "dumb and dumber";
    seamed appropriate
    "nice rear end"
    "yeah he must work out"

2. So, uh.. Anybody know of a brake drum that will work on a '51 olds ?

3. Someone on Canadian Rodder says 70's chevy truck drums will work.

4. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

THIS is how it's done. Nice work gents.

Scotty

5. Today I got the steering box on my roadster mounted.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomorrow I'll remove the pitman arm, flip it 90 degrees, shorten the column 5" and see about fabbing up a new draglink.

6. Coming along nicely Lee.

7. What a great day today. Woke up late to the sun shining through the window. Watched deliverance on tv, before heading out to the shop.
    Rearended a chevy half ton a red light, but it okay, it was only Johnny:D.
    Johnny and I had lunch then went to the shop. Johnny worked on his T, and I got my steering box swap finished in the roadster.
    Dave came by and worked on his fleetline for a bit.
    James came by to hang out for a bit.
    I taught Johnny's son Liam how to use the torch and he helped me get the old rusty chunk of draglink out of my pitman arm.
    My Dad stopped by and helped me put the column tube and wheel on the roadster.
    Now I'm off to the girlfriends house to BBQ and watch Meatloaf go crazy on celebrity apprentice!:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sounds like a great day Lee.

Wish mine was so good I only had the morning to work on my truck and I had just realized this week that when I welded the '40 chev headlight buckets on my fenders that I fucked up and had to cut one off (I swear I measured them 50 times before final welding) had to use the plasma cutter as I couldn't reach with a cutoff wheel so that meant doing it outside and it wasn't that warm this morning before the sun came out and it made a mess of the fender that I now have to fix.:mad:

Ah well that seems to be the way projects go sometimes.

9. Well tonight was Daves turn, so he bought us all supper at the New West as usual. Pork Cutlet was the special, and it was fantastic!
    After that we came back to the shop to drop Fat Fred and Daves dog Ruby off, then we all hopped in my pick up to head on a little road trip 20 miles north to Daves parents house in Fort Saskatchewan.
    As you guys know, Dave was working on his fleetline in his Parents garage all last summer, and a lot of the parts were still there in the shed.
    We came back with 3 bumpers, the front valence, all the garnish moldings, the front seat, plus all the window cranks and other miscellaneous parts.

[​IMG]

This is why we call him "Big Dick Dave"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

While Dave was saying bye to his Parents Johnny and I started playing with the camera.
    I call this photo, "Johnny Standing in a Puddle"
    [​IMG]

"Johnny Leaning on the Hood"
    [​IMG]

Heading back in to Edmonton now, here is blurry shot of the big city
    [​IMG]

Back at the shop, we unloaded the truck, and bolted the seat back in Daves car.
    It's nice to actually be able to work outside again!
    I wanted to record us putting the seat in from up here, and then play it in fast forward to the Benny Hill theme song, but I'm just not that smart yet when it comes to video editing. Maybe one day...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that Dave took his car for a drive for the first time with a real seat.
    http://youtu.be/iO793xcfsfY

10. H.A.M.B. calendar material right there!......
    Too dumb to copy the pic, it's the one with 3 dudes working on the roadster.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. that car is cool, what color is it going to be painted? i like that original green.

12. I cant figure the image code out? Maybe someone else can?

Dave wants to paint it a similar green to the hood.

13. John is right that is one sweet mother fucker!

14. Greezeball

Greezeball

You mean this one?

Attached Files:

15. I thought he wanted to do a fade like on the gas tank.

16. hotflint

hotflint

FADE! was going to paint it like the hood but I like to fuck with stuff. so there will be some jade, original green , yellow gold and cream

17. Yes, that's the one. I love that pic!

18. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

You guys are doing a good job, keep it up. It helps to motivate the rest of us.

19. Now that you mention it, that is a pretty cool picture.

20. hotflint

hotflint

21. wheeler.t

wheeler.t

I love reading these because it's local to me, I live an hour and a half south in red deer

22. Well shit! Guess you have no choice but to come to the next Alberta HAMB meet. We have them at the Queens Diner in Red Deer.

23. Greezeball

Greezeball

Tell me when. I'll be there.

24. Kingsway

Kingsway

Thats funny, thats the only picture I took the night I was there!:D

25. Sorry for not updating last night, photobucket was taking forever to load and I was tired.
    So anyways, it was my night and supper at the New West sucked! I don't know what happened over there but our regular waitress was not there, the dinner specials changed, only one choice instead of four, and the special was hot dogs and sauerkraut! So we all had bacon and eggs.

Back at the shop we got started on the roadster. Johnny pulled the one head off that had a water leak and fixed that up, while I started making a gusset for my pedal assembly.
    When I pushed the clutch in, the whole pedal assembly would shift.
    Dave took an hour off to weld up a hole in his Grandpas aluminum oil pan.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sexy!
    [​IMG]

Johnny torquing the head back down.
    [​IMG]

Gusset installed
    [​IMG]

Once Dave was finsihed the oil pan, he started on the fuel lines again. The ones I made all leaked, so Dave took a try using some different style fittings. Dave got them all finished up, but unfortunately the camera batteries went dead.
    [​IMG]

While Dave was working on the fuel lines, our friend Kurt showed up! Dave and I used to work with Kurt at Egberts Street Rods many years ago.
    Kurt and Johnny got started on the headlight stands.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After that Johnny had to leave for the night. So Dave kept going on the fuel lines, and I did some wiring before we called it a night.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. selohssa

selohssa

Looks like the A is almost ready for its maiden voyage. It gets me anxious to dig out mine from the yard but I see the fluffy white stuff is falling again (AGGGHHHHHHHH).

27. It's getting close! Still a few things left, I don't have any taillights yet, hoping to find some at Red Deer swap meet next month.
    This weather sure sucks huh! I had to turn the heat back on in the shop this morning!

28. Great thread, thanks for keeping it going. I hear you on the weather........winter storm warning for us tomorrow.

29. Greezeball

Greezeball

30. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

Why doesn't this thread have a full 5 stars? looks like a lot fun and some real hot rodding. That A roadster looks like its just about ready for the maiden voyage! congrats!