Register now to get rid of these ads!

clubs etc...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carl E. Hagan Jr., Mar 2, 2009.

1. So.....are you in a club, been trying to get into a club......when do you give up & go for a different one. A lot of people seem to not be affiliated with any club.....so.....maybe now I understand why.

If you see this Ravin....that new color on your roadster is Very Cool

Carl Hagan

2. metalmike13

metalmike13
    from Glass City

I think its kinda one of those things. It depends why you are in a club to start with. What does that club want to achieve, and mostly what do you want from the club. Sometimes things change on either end of those. My thoughts are do it until its not fun anymore!

3. dannyego

dannyego

Was in club....not in a club now...wouldnt mind being in a club.....hard to find one with guys into the same type of stuff as me. maybe I should start one:D

4. wasn't in a club, was in a club, wasn't in a club, in a club.

5. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

Never saw the need to be in a club. I build cars, I drive cars, I make friends at car shows/cruises/anywhere, so why do I need a plaque or jacket to say it?

6. Was in a club had many contacts and parts were inexpensive through the members... went without for 35 years... now in my kind of club "Crossmembers" ... God and HotRods!

Oh and the "Primates" for my earthly Transgressions!!! What can I say...

Mike Zenor is president and the rest goes downhill from there... No dues... no meetings... new guy brings the beer and you might get a T-shirt!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  7. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

All the clubs around here are sport compact cars (honda,acura and mitsu) or mini truck/lowriders... Or "hot rod" clubs with easter egg cars.. No real traditional clubs that i know of expect the karb kings. Which i only know bc theres a 49 chevy 2 streets over with a karb kings plaque..i think his names Frank Glorioso

8. Wandereryque

Wandereryque

In high school i was in a lowrider club, my car got hit i fixed it ,made it faster, but didnt paint it, so they booted me, Then got an older car, and rolled alone wanted to belong to a club but nuthin in my area that wasnt street rod, till i met other people like me we started a club it was great what was 4 guys later became 21 and un controllable drunkin fights members with no cars it was not the same , some of us leftand now were older wiser, its about the build and the cars, but dont give up on the friends that are like minded, there always be there to lend ahand pull an eng, so if your lucky to find a group of like minded friends get together and start a club, the brotherhood i got from all those clubs i would never trade it for anything.... good times good luck

9. mj40's

mj40's

I agree with metalmike13. I was in a club for years but it has been 25+ years since then. Because of my involvement in a statewide automotive lobbying organization (USRI) for the last 30 I would consider it a conflict to be a member of any club right now. I do however believe in them. After all what would we do in out hobby if there were no clubs out there to put on these events? With out new blood, clubs seem to run in a life cycle of about 10 years burnout time. But then again we have a local club that is one of the oldest in the country and had their 50 year several years back and still going strong. Heap Headers of Caldwell. So, go join a club and when it is no longer fun try another or be a 'Lone Wolf'

10. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

Id love to be in a club, but lateley its been hard to get out. The last couple of years I have had to really set some time apart just to get to some shows with my boys

Mark

11. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

ive been in a few , even started a couple . just everyday clubs with nice guys . right now i have a MAJOR goal . i am trying to get into a "resurected" club . this has been my hardest attempted in many years . most clubs have you come to a meeting or 2 , pay your dues & your in . this "resurected" club has great history & many requirements . i figure a year if im lucky .
    all depends on what works for you ! clubs are great if you like people . .. steve

12. 56Ponchorelli

56Ponchorelli

Not in the know to find a club. I know of one here and my stock buick just doesn't cut it. Loco Banditos. Wish I had some friends that were into wrenchin, things would be much easier.

13. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

14. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

LW ,
    thought you would be here soon . could to see your out & about ........... steve

15. ROSLAN KREEP

ROSLAN KREEP
    from balt. md

cavistyle just so you know there are clubs in maryland Im in the kreeps and there are about 3 more around. roslan...

16. Wandereryque

Wandereryque

hey 48 buick prospect you should lok up the rolling 50's of Bakersfield ,real good guys, i dont know what there years are but ask for Frank

17. I'm in a club that went from a pretty passive president to a damn dictator...lol

18. TxMike

TxMike

The guys from my club reminded me of why its great to be in a club and have good friends this weekend. When I broke my finger lowering my car, two of our members jumped in (well they were already helping) and helped me finish. I think a club should be about hanging out and helping friends with their projects and sharing ideas, etc.

19. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

A few like minded friends and myself started a club two years ago that has grown to around 15 members,but we do have rules,not many,but we do have them.The rules are in place to prevent conflict.We do have a prospecting period which allows us to get a feel for a person and what they are about.Almost all of the people in my club are people I have known for at leas two years,some up to 9 years.All friends and basically extended family..If you are a trouble maker,you are removed from the club after deliberation with the rest of the members.We've kicked out 3 members and turned away one prospect due to their behavior because we are low tolerance.

20. saltflatmatt

saltflatmatt
    Alliance Vendor

Not in a club, in a club then merged 2 clubs into one.....

21. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Wingnuts and i are in the same club, though we have never met personally in person, we have the same vision for our car club:) Hopefully someday we'll meet if we ever cross paths my brotha!

I left the Road Zombies in San Jose to join this new club because i felt i was being led there. I'm still buddies with all my old RZ club mates and i still love them dearly. It was my time to move on and i appreciate my time with them. I learned so much being associated with them. I will still hang out at shows and still always ask for their advise on certain things.I won't be flying the RZ colors anymore, but they are still my good friends.

grace and peace†
    cab

22. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

I have "No Club Lone Wolf" tattoo'd on my back. so never for me. no need to be in a club, i like driving by myself :D

23. Clubs are so gay.

24. Abomination

Abomination

I've thought about it, but I'd like to have the time to devote to the club, to be a productive member. But as it is, I barely have time for anything anymore. :(

~Jason

25. hotroddaddy

hotroddaddy
    from jax, fla

I was in a club, but things went bad fast!!! Im not sure if i want to be in another full time club, im cool with a laid back association kind of club though. Clubs are cool with the right people in them, but not all folks can agree on the same goals, so it`s gotta be pretty special to make it work.

26. I love staring at it when I'm behind you and you start howlin like a lone wolf....in a non-gay way :D

27. I'm in a club, but it's really chill. I'm in it because I'm a family friend. No dues, hardly any meetings, just try to make it to car shows and hangout together.

What kind of rules do some clubs have?

Just curious.

28. Ruiner

Ruiner

I'm in a club, but in my particular case it's hard since the nearest club member is 3 hours away, the rest are about 9 hours away...and now I'm moving another 2 1/2 hours farther away...I had my own club at one point, but they all jumped ship and joined another club...not sure what I'm gonna do in the near future...

29. pastlane

pastlane

Was in a club when I lived in Dallas, only good "club" is the HAMB

30. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

"so this seal walks into a club"