Register now to get rid of these ads!

CLR Bath

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim333, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Tim333

Tim333

For those who have given their cars a CLR bath, what ratio of water to CLR did you use? I'm ready to clean my newly acquired 57 Commander. I test buffed a few panels of the white and the color but it was quite dirty. The shine did reappear but I need to clean the metal before continuing with the total buff.

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think you just pour about that much in a bucket, run some water in the bucket and see how it works and adjust the mixture. That is about what I did when I tried it on one of the cabs I have to see if it did work.

Back in 1969 when I was stationed at Fort Hood Texas I and my buddy watched two guys who were probably Sargents scrub down a 56 Ford in the local car wash with a couple cans of Bon Ami, a pair of sponges and lots of sweat. The car had that found under a tree look to it and a few days later I saw one of them driving it an it shined like new money. It didn't have much if any rust on it but it really cleaned up good and they probably waxed it after scrubbing it.

3. 117harv

117harv

Another CLR question here is a thread that will help, the search function will provide more on the subject.

4. alphabet soup

alphabet soup
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a white truck that gets pretty dirty. The best thing I found is Soft Scrub with bleach. It takes a couple of bottles to do the whole truck. But it looks very good when done.