Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cloth wiring harness?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VoodooTwin, Oct 28, 2012.

1. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Does anyone sell universal wiring harness kits using cloth covered wire? I would like to keep my truck build looking period correct.

Thanks in advance.

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

3. I bought mine from Sacramento Vintage Ford. Nice kit with good quality wire and loom. Did my own wire diagram using there material.

4. Scott De Shields

Scott De Shields

Bought American Wire 15 circuit system and bought reproduction cloth wiring bundle stock from Early Fords in San Dimas CA and made up my own harness using original routing and clips for a more stock appearance

5. metal man

metal man

American Autowire sells one. It costs extra,over their other harnesses. Very good quality.

6. monkeyspunk79

monkeyspunk79

More for the stocker resto, but Rhode Island Wiring does them as well. They will also do custom harness additions if you're adding stuff.

http://www.riwire.com/

7. I looked at one of these at Goodguys this weekend. The demo was really a nice looking unit.

8. choppedsled

choppedsled
    from Spokane WA

Ditto on the Sacramento Vintage Ford kit. Complete well thought out high quality wire and connectors. Each circuit is color coded and comes with a diagram. They include a wiring booklet that covers any situation you might find yourself faced with component wise. Lots of extra wire included. Best vintage kit I've seen for a scratch wiring job. And priced fairly.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. I buy from Brillman, and build my own harness.

10. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

11. You can also buy a harness from one of the vendors, pre install it to be sure everything is right and send it to Pacific Conduit and Cable in Glendale, CA. They have a braiding machine, one of just a few in the US. We used to use them to braid harnesses for Austin Healeys before there were replicas available. It's been over 20 years since I had them do one, but they were reasonable back then

12. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

YNZ out of Redlands CA does a great job and can make you everything you'll need.
    It will be period correct and is color coded and almost idiot proof for installing.
    Google these guys, they do great work and you wont be dissapointed.

13. Weasel

Weasel

^^^ correctamundo....

14. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

They are great and super fast shipping too!

ynzyesterdaysparts.com