Register now to get rid of these ads!

closed thread again....

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by nashvegas99, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Who's got dryer sheets?

2. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

It's not always the topic or original post that gets a thread locked. Sometimes it has more to do with the direction that the replies take it. So, you can't really compare one OP to another when it comes to what threads stay or go.

3. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger...........they've closed a couple of mine
    lately. I can't recall what the first one was about, but the second one
    had to do with walking into a bar and seeing a kangaroo.

It was strictly a social item, aimed at the Aussie guys on here since I
    thought they'd get a chuckle. Had nothing to do with hotrods or cars
    at all, just b. s. for some members. I'm not mad about it, and will try
    to stick to more car related stuff along the way. I suspect they are monitoring
    off topic stuff more now what with the volume of members and posts.

I do enjoy some of the off topic stuff, however.
    If the poster does put OT in his title, then we all have the option
    of passing it by.

4. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

OK hit rewind. There's your problem. Wife's garage space is a phrase that could get you banned right there. Might be true for all of us, but I'd never admit that here!

You have much to learn young Jedi, but you are welcome now that the boys have broken you in. The ball busting is part of the initiation. Hot Rod Yoda would tell you: "Grumpy, we are, but fun we're just having."

5. John Denich

John Denich

I really don't care if my Wife is involved in cars...I have a shop full of them and she can't even tell how to get to my shop from our house! I had Kustoms before she was around and I will always have Kustoms...I do my thing, she does hers and we do things together!!! I dont need her up my ass all the time!!! As far as you getting threads closed, yup it happens live with it, if you dont like it dont post OT stuff!

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We try to keep the forum focused on traditional hot rods and customs. Stick to that and you will be fine.

7. Kerry67

Kerry67

Exactally. That thread stayed open. To me, there is no rhyme or reason to what gets pulled. I have seen threads pulled that relate to hot rodding and then the dryer sheet & lawn mower threads stay open. Not my site though........I just hang out here.

8. This is the only thing that makes sense on this godforsaken thread.

9. bykerlad

bykerlad
    from australia

how dumb am i ,i read all the repllies on this thread

10. the-rodster

the-rodster

Yeah, the mods deleted my post about strippers and hot rods....

Go figure :)

Rich

11. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Things to do today:
    1) mow lawn with vintage mower from swap meet
    2) get some popcorn and beer
    3) go on ebay and figure out what all my junk is worth
    4) tell my girlfriend she doesnt get it
    5) ask girlfriend for some money
    6) go to garage and enjoy all the things Ive learned on the HAMB!

I wouldve kept going but wanted to get this up before it got closed...
    suck it up dude.

12. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

ohhh!! moved but not closed!!! touche, Ryan, touche!!:D:D

13. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Dude,,in the end its the internet,,i mean why should you really care,,this is not real life..

14. Deuces

Deuces

Take a deep breath.......... Hold it.............. Now exhale. Feel better???........ I know I do. :D

15. FRITZ

FRITZ
    BANNED

WOW, That was chicken shit.
    FRITZ

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey Fritz, I don't understand why you are still here. It just doesn't make sense to me...

I mean, I understand this joint doesn't do it for you any longer. That kind of thing happens. But why stick around if that is the case? Why not just move on?

I mean, I hate to see you go... but if you are just gonna bad mouth the place, I'd rather you let me close your account.

17. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

you've been here all of a year? :confused:

18. metalshapes

metalshapes

MarkzRodz, I'd be happy to do the same for you if you are that unhappy here...

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'll never get on someone for not liking what I put out there. That just doesn't make sense... I'm not the guy to think I can please EVERYONE.

However, I just don't understand the folks that apparently don't appreciate the joint but stay on anyhow... I guess I would figure folks are busier than that? Or maybe they have other motives. I just don't know.

In any case. If you don't like the joint, don't frequent it. Let me close your account. Move on... No hard feelings at all.

BTW, the Nazi comments are little unimaginative and speak to a level of ignorance. It's hard for me to ignore those considering my family's loss to the regime.

20. Muttley

Muttley

21. brad chevy

brad chevy

Right to the point Ryan,love it or leave it!

22. solid

solid

I thought your "could ya tell my wife something about hot rods" thread was kinda weird...
    I thought for being off topic, and weird that it lasted a little too long, but thats up to the mods...it's just silly to get all wrapped up with feelings here. I have done it a few times, and i'm not proud of it:D. WOULD YOU LIKE ONE OF US TO EXPLAIN TO YOUR WIFE WHY YOUR THREAD GOT CLOSED? I WOULD TRY TO DO IT IN THE LEAST WEIRD WAY I COULD THINK OF. KICK BACK AND RELAX DUDE, IT'S JUST HOT RODS.

23. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Got to say, you nailed this one. Surprisingly, it's got some good holding power.

24. greazhonkey

greazhonkey

I tried getting my wife involved with hot rods, then I tried pissing up a rope. I then quit trying to do either. That's my advice

25. guffey

guffey

Wow No wonder we are pals I did the same thing

26. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

I should be banned for reading this whole damn thing... Oh and isnt working on hotrods and getting out to the garage so you can get AWAY from the wife for a while ?

27. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Oh who cares? You put up your thing about the wife, it lasted 20 minutes, what did you think? you were writing WAR and PEACE? You have to steal your moment. Remember when you were a little kid and you stole chocolate candy out of the shopping cart? well... your mom let you because she knew you would get the shits.

28. ENFO

ENFO
    from Tucson AZ

Metalshapes isnt a NAZI...... but he is a STUPID EUROPEAN.... LOL

29. metalshapes

metalshapes

Haha... Thanks buddy. :D

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I do think that one drama filled thread on the main board should be allowed to stay open. This type of thread tends to capture the attention of those looking for drama therefore leaving the other threads alone. Just my thoughts.

I think the main board is steile enough. It's been kinda "dry" since the social groups were started. It's not that I'm into the drama but it just seems like all the threads are pretty cut and dry and not full of alot of opinions and personal experiences. Maybe it just seems like lots are not sharing. I don't know, just feels like something is different the last few months........year. I guess everyone's got their own opinion regarding the subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.