Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods clip on windshield wipers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by statesblue, Aug 24, 2017.

1. statesblue

statesblue
    from Luzerne Pa

I was hoping I can get some pictures of clip on windshield wipers on a roadster.
    Just found out I'm going to need wipers for the enhanced inspection. I have a stainless steel wiper motor but no mount so I'm looking for ideas.
    I'm sure I can buy what I need but Id rather fab up my own if possible so how about a few pics..

19ChevyFleetline50 likes this.
  2. GTS225

GTS225

Speedway has a clamp-on, manual wiper for T's that isn't too expensive. It's designed for 7/8 round tube, though.
    Might want to check the wording of the code, in case they say vac or electrical power.

Roger

3. You get a piece of square tube and fab some clamps onto it (like above) so that it sits on top of the windshield frame.Mount the wiper through the box tube. Run the wires across the windshield frame with some little clips that have double sided tape to attach.

EDIT: Phil934 deleted his post that was above, so now see his new one below!

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  4. Phil1934

Phil1934

5. woodscaper

woodscaper

Pa requires powered wipers for enhanced inspections, I was told. OP has that covered I think, is looking for linkage info?

6. 38mag

38mag

100_0151.JPG A pic of mine using a Speedway clamp. It is taken off after inspection and installes for next inspection.

sjm1340 likes this.
  7. Ain't it clever how they require wipers on a roadster or other open-top car which hasn't got a roof/probably never will get a roof? Now, wher are those gag sunglasses with the wipers....

8. 38mag

38mag

Not hand operated, they must be mechanical, vacuum or electric.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd go along with buy the Speedway mount for 30 bucks or use the design to fab your own.
    http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Windshield-Frame-Bracket-for-12V-Wipers,37828.html
    Put plugs on the wiring so it can easily be unplugged (or plugged in) up under the dash and done. Hell if you worry about being checked on the road stick it under the seat if it lifts up or in a storage spot and be able to pull it out and show that you can install it in about a minute and be on your way if you ever needed it. The "Oh yea, I keep it stashed away when it isn't raining because it wants to wiggle around and is distracting when it is dry" thing.