Register now to get rid of these ads!

cleaning new white walls?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fatbody, Aug 16, 2004.

1. fatbody

fatbody

I just picked up a set of new white walls the week end. This may sound like a dumb question, but how the hell do I get that blue film of the side wall? Seems like I've tryed everything.

2. Anderson

Anderson

Go grab some Westley's Bleche Wite.

3. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

I just used my wife's little spoonge/scrubby thing from the kitchen and simple green.

4. traveling boot ho

traveling boot ho
    BANNED

hot water,,,,

its really that simple,,,

kisses

miss ho

5. bradberry00

bradberry00
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

yeah, water....the worlds most pletiful liquid....and its free too!

6. comet and a scrub brush - or sos pads work nice - hot water will only get the girly dirt off - although water will get the new blue off

7. johnnygringo

johnnygringo
    from Nashville

nope for the blues stuff on new m/c tyres its HOT water

all you need

8. whitewallslick

whitewallslick
    1. oHIo

I just ran across this on Coker's website, thought everyone who hasn't seen this should read it.

20. Can I use bleach white to clean my whitewalls?
    Absolutely not. Bleach white is the leading killer of whitewall tires. This robs the tire of valuable oil and moisture that it needs and the tire will appear to have cracks in the sidewall after a few uses of bleach white. The same thing would happen if you cleaned your favorite shirt with bleach on a regular basis. If you have tough stains on your whitewall, we recommend mild car wash soap and some 600-1000 grit sandpaper.

WWS

9. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

I use a real soft brisle wire brush, and just soap and water. A detailer gave me this tip, it works.

10. This isn't for the blue, but I was goofing around and found out NeverDull cleans whitewalls VERY well. I guess it's the mixture of alchol or something, but damn it does a nice job. I got a tire for my trunk that was on an old Desoto, and it was dirty and turning yellow. I just got a big wad of NeverDull and it came RIGHT off.

11. Mike

Mike

I use Simple Green and a soft bristle scrub brush. For really tough crud I'll use Westley's and then use Simple Green to make sure I wash off all the Westley's. That stuff is pretty nasty, it will eat paint and dis-color alloy wheels if it is not completely rinsed away.

12. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Diamondback also recommends using sandpaper to remove scuffs and serious dirt.

13. I use a brush and comet. If it still doesn't come clean, I grab a brillo pad. Works everytime and no ill effects yet.

14. Dirty2

Dirty2

I use a sos pad