Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Classic cars destroyed by hurricane sandy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tonyimpala, Dec 1, 2012.

1. refried confusion

refried confusion

hfjgdfjgfj

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. lawman

lawman

So very sad !!!!!

3. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

I grew up and lived in NYC till I was 30. There is no mafia, never was never will be:cool:

4. It appears that "refried cofusion" has been wacthing way too many movies

5. QuarterLifeCrisis

QuarterLifeCrisis
    from NY

Let's just quote The Sopranos as reality. Wow...

6. slammed

slammed

FNGs off topic as quick as wink. The cars destroyed by Sandy, not is there (there is) or isn't there a network of many ethnic syndicate's. Why you guys here?

7. refried confusion

refried confusion

nvhfjh

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  8. slammed

slammed

Your naive. And your profile is empty.

9. johnod

johnod

Now the real hardship starts, trying to get money out of an insurance company.

Wish i was jokeing.

10. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I spoke with Ray Soff from New Jersey and he and his family along with his car is fine.

Jimbo

11. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

so far it is horrible. My friend has flood insurance and has a split level home. they are claiming the first level is a basement and they will not cover it. Clearly not a basement by any standard

12. I feel bad for the people that lost their homes in hurricane Sandy, it was an unusual storm in that it turned left and went inland, they usually continue up the coast and hit the area where we live. We have witnessed a lot of devastion and suffering from hurricanes over the years. Cars are a minor worry at times like that.

13. Brian C

Brian C

The place hasn't been used as an active airport in quite a few years. The only thing that flies out of there is a local skydiving place that uses a completely different strip.

As far as you guys who keep talking about the mob connections and unions? You gotta stop watching the Soprano's and reruns of the Godfather movies..........

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

You're right. It's all bullshit.:rolleyes:

http://www.justice.gov/criminal/ocgs/org-crime/labor-unions.html

15. i like cars & stuff

i like cars & stuff
    from Aotearoa

My car got wet in a flood, got stuck at the beach, washed it as best i could, dried the seats and sprayed creosote through it. Worked great! Only rust i can find was on 1 wheel where the tire meet the rim because they are not dropcentres taking the tires off is a real pain but not much water gets through the bead anyway...

So there is hope for those cars.

16. I lost six cars and a pickup when a tornado took dead aim at my house. My shop collapsed on three of my cars, and the others were outside, where they got tossed about like toys. I definitely feel for these folks. Hagerty treated me great! USAA, on the other hand, was a major-league pain in the ass on my three drivers. Soon as my DD got repaired, I cancelled USAA. Rat bastards were exactly that.

As for the suggestions for moving stuff to "higher ground"...where exactly does that exist on Long Island???

17. street rod lover

street rod lover
    from taylor,mi.

i worked storm duty in new york for hurrican sandy for 2 1/2 weeks before thanksgiving.. we were totaling vehicles with water damage like no tomorrow. the main concern with the newer vehicles were the air bags were going off unannonced due to the corrosion on the connections. also several seats were burnt,windows going down,etc,etc,etc. not to mention all the personal property lost. there were street after street with all of the belongings from the inside now out on the front curb. what a mess. I was in long island,lido beach,atlantic beach right on the ocean. water line on houses up to 4-6 feet i had seen. boats in yards. now what do the people do with winter coming? i did see communities working together with food,water and clothing. pretty wicked when i believe it was the national guard helecopters buzzing the areas. state police checkpoints,waiting in traffic for hours.

18. refried confusion

refried confusion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  19. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Hi all.Like Don said,I don`t want to heap crap on someone,but,I was born and raised in Vero Beach,Fl.I`m sure that Don knows where that is.However,anyone that builds within 3 or 4 miles of the coast and DOES`NT heed an order to get the hell out when a bad storm is coming deserves what ever happens to their property.As one siggy says"Stupid is as stupid does".Or another one says IIRC,"Stupid should hurt".I have seen too many times what happens when people ignore warnings.They get HURT.I feel bad for them to have lost prized posessions,but they were warned in plenty of time to get their stuff out.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.

20. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

I do not agree, my friend was one of two people on the block that sandbagged and prepared for the storm. Did all they could. Still got over 4' of water in their home. What more could they have done? You can only do so much. They are in as bad shape as the folks who did nothng, served them well didn't it

21. It was quite a storm. If you watched the last game of the World Series in Detroit, you saw the front of the other storm which dragged Sandy in-land.

Those of us who went through Gloria in 1985 were better prepared than most and I'm off the flood plain by a 1/2 mile. I had watched Sandy from inception on the NOAA site, so I had an eye on it all the way.

Me and my wife are on the beach all summer and into fall.. so we had a vested interest. I was on Robert Moses early Sunday and shot a few videos of the surf to show people. Even by then the tide was coming up and the waves were 15' high.

I'm still amazed at those who were on the Bay and ocean who grossly underestimated Sandy.

Bob

22. reallyrotten

reallyrotten

Hey guy,
    Regarding the cars that were destroyed or damaged by the storm; whether or not your insured with us here at Hagerty we are here to help with your collector cars and getting them back on the road. We are able to help find shops for repairs, storage locations if your home or garage was damaged, replacement parts, tips or replacement vehicles so you can rebuild what you once had. I am part of the team taking this on. I am posting this because, I think it’s really great we are offering these services. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us through the appropriate channels below. More information on website

Web address: http://www.hagerty.com/Collector-car-insurance/Classic-Car-Recovery-Center/Overview<o:p></o:p>
    Phone: # 877-922-9697 8am - 6pm<o:p></o:p>
    Email: [email protected] <o:p></o:p>