Register now to get rid of these ads!

CK Deluxe took my $ and ran

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bluthndr, May 12, 2005.

1. bluthndr

bluthndr

Anyone know how to get a hold of someone involved with them? I paid them $47 for a subscription and back issues, got confirmation, receipt, and then got nothing. I paid them the $47 back in October of last year, and then they fell off the face of the earth...

I just want mags or my $ back - can anyone tell me where to look?

2. Spike!

Spike!

Ol Skool Rodz bought the name. I hear they are honoring subs as well. Good luck.

Spike

3. 1Shot-Scot

1Shot-Scot
    from Minnesota

For once I'm not the one kicking a dead horse...

4. I used to subscribe. They advertized the new issue on their website at least three weeks before I got mine. I complained & the bitch editor published his answer on the front page of their webside, basically saying that the readers should be honored to get the mag because the staff all have day jobs. Needless to say, I don't subscribe anymore.

5. Did you pay by Credit Card ?

6. jeez.

Ol' Kustom Skool Deluxe Ratt Rodzz

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

My buddy's Father is in the same position...

8. bluthndr

bluthndr

Yup. Wanted to give them a fair chance if they were going through problems before I turn it into the CC company. I sent an email to OSR about it so we'll see... I can understand a month or maybe even two, but no explaination and $47 for nothing is not okay.

Similar deal with Mag-Neto, but I can understand since the guy says he's having health problems, etc, and at least offered a refund. He can keep my money - I just hope he's doing better and he turns out that awesome mag again...

9. Hey,

Get onto the CC company, they will unleash the full extent of thier power in getting your money back. Works a treat on eBay scammers as well...

Danny

10. fastfrankie73

fastfrankie73

instead of a magazine I'm going to send you a book on welding before you build your new frame...;)

11. Geezus guys.....do yourselves a favour.....don't buy subscriptions!! Find a dealer and buy from them (yep, I'm one). I can't believe the continual amount of horror stories on here about not getting subscriptions filled and yet MANY continue to buy into it. Let the dealer take the risk...and you'll probably get your zines sooner too.

12. seldom scene

seldom scene

You ain't the onliest one, I sent a check, they cashed it and then went out. If it's true old skool is going to start it ujp again they will go a long way in terms of gaining credibility if they honor the existing unfilled subscriptions.

13. bluthndr

bluthndr

Yeah - I know - but I gotta start somewhere right? Like I said - if it's broken I can fix it, and I can tune it to make it run, build a killer engine etc, but a fabby or body magician I ain't - at least not yet. Keep me posted on how it's coming!

14. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

Last year at paso in september they were supposedly raffling off a kustom 59 buick. They were supposed to announce the winner on the site and in the mag.
    Does any body know if they ever gave away that bullshit?

15. Does anyone know of Aaron Lansky is still connected to CK Deluxe? I havent heard from him in eons.

16. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

last I remember he was trying to start a new mag called kingpin.
    I met him once in ventura he seemed like a nice guy.

17. striper

striper

The first rebirth of Hop Up back in the 90s caught me out the same way. First couple of issues were killer. Had some contact with Tim Gavern and decided to help out with a TWO year sub. A mate and I also ordered some decals and Tees. Lost the lot!

Pete

18. riverrat

riverrat

peddro is right rod and custom is always on the newsstand before i get mine in the mail
    riverrat

19. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

No dealers in Austin,TX the freakin' CAPITOL of Texas-only Ol' Skool Rodz and Rod and Custom...

20. johnnygringo

johnnygringo
    from Nashville

the last word i heard was they are honoring all subscribers that are owed money/mags

as soon as the previous owners are forthcoming with all the info

as far as the mag..here's a direct quote

"We're lookin' to make it even better. More customs, straight-axle gassers, more pin-ups, more kulture-related features. Issue #13 will be out in late August, #14 in November, then it'll go bi-monthly in 2006."

http://ckdeluxemag.com/

21. Bondoboy

Bondoboy

I hate it when something sorta underground, like CK, gets bought by a bigger more mainstream name like olskool rods. Then they say, were going to make it better and change this and that and add more advertisments and less pages and fuck it all up basically. I hope they just make it exactly the same. CK deluxe was a great mag...