Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHUCK BERRY performing at the 2010 Shifters VLV car show!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Christian the Rat

Christian the Rat

We are coming especially from Belgium with 8 people to your Car meeting!
    Luckilly we were on time to book a room in the Orleans.
    Very psyched to be there!

2. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Jeff, you decide to bring that Caddy powered Merc we'll stick you & John Mearns 36 three window in a "special Kustom" corral !

3. Juan

Juan
    from Ventura

Axel & all the shifters
    I`m looking forward to my 13th time going to VIVA ! Most of all I`m glad to see you are doing something about pre qualifying cars for the car show ! It`s your show if
    some of these folk`s dont like your rules why dont they start thier own ? I share your vision for old school car & music shows....you guy`s have my full support thanks Juan

4. buickvalvenut

buickvalvenut
    from Rialto

car ready or not..im there

5. Kerry67

Kerry67

Room has been booked for 6 months, tickets bought, car registered & OK'd.........Damn, I can't wait. See ya there !

6. Duration

Duration
    from Wayne, MI

i will close the shop and go this year, just to see chuck berry! already excited about it!

7. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

I am happy to say we will be goin to the VIVA LAS VEGAS show in the '36 this year. It will be the first leg of our trip on the way to LSRU.

Times are tough and we have to pick and chose what we are going to spend our time and money on, so we can't make every show we used to go to. I like the out of town shows so I can see some new stuff that isn't at every local show. Axle says the quality of the cars that are pre-regestering is way up. That is good enough for me, count us in.

Axle is the man and the shifters are on top of it! This is going to be a good show this year!

[​IMG]

It is looking like we will have the International Metro "Acme Special" on the road by then. The plan is to drive it there also.

[​IMG]

8. KiwiGP

KiwiGP

4 of us from Christchurch in New Zealand are heading almost 7000 miles to be in Vegas this easter. Can't wait. See you there cheers Graeme

9. jscoma47

jscoma47

Hoping to be there!!

10. Again, Lonely Knights will be there in force...........coming up fast now !

Johnnie.

11. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Cant wait to see Chuck! It's going to be a great show this year!

12. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Last year was the first time I missed Viva, to me it's my favorite show, and a real vacation for me , I get there and I don't have to worry about driving for several days. everything is in one place, and lots of stuff to do . If you get tired of the car show, you can go to the bar, or upstairs to see the bands, the food is great, and if you get tired , you can go rest for a while in your room . For years Viva had the best quality cars around, and I am shure this year will be the best year ever. I think the problem was that alot of cool cars got sold and shipped over seas, and everbody was into flipping cars so that in itself hurt the quality of what was being built. well the selling rage is over and now once again , people are building cars for themselves and not so much to make a buck. I think that this in itself will help tremendously. The ambients is bitch'en, for the music, the clothes, and the cars all work together to create something that can't be duplicated. best wishes for all my shifter buddies, Miguel and the Lifters Car Club.

13. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Can't wait to see Chuck with all the cars. Lonely knights will be there.

Big Rich

14. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

Wow 13th annual. Damn im getting old. I remember attending the very first shows. Hell, i even got married @ one of them early shows...Now divorced. FUCK!!!

15. STUKA

STUKA

Chuck Berry,huh? Watch out for upskirt cameras in the porta-potties!

16. NOTCH

NOTCH

I frickin cant wait!!

17. Ya bringing the Tiki Bar?

18. 61TBird

61TBird

The real question is, Are you bringing the Pontiac???

19. 68Caddy

68Caddy

Does no fad T's mean......
    I cant wear a T shirt that sais "No Fat PinUp Chicks"?

(tell those bitches its Cheesecake not cottage cheese) Haa Haa!

20. Kerry67

Kerry67

How original.

21. 68Caddy

68Caddy

Sorry...I just had to.

22. Kerry67

Kerry67

Pretty soon they will just quit having car shows because too many people bitch about the cars that show up or the people that attend them.

23. 68Caddy

68Caddy

I really was just kidding dude. I was trying to be funny not insulting thats all. And I really dont think anyone is gonna "quit having car shows" or fun or iced cream for that matter.

24. Kerry67

Kerry67

Yeah, you probably were kidding, but there just seems to be so many people that bash on a lot of the big shows that it gets tiring. Not every show is going to be 100 percent cool for everyone. I say just go and have a good f**king good time !!!! See ya there.

25. Seeing Chuck Berry backed by really good players is worth going, but DO NOT miss the Modern Sounds. These dudes are the BEST roots band working now days.
    http://www.myspace.com/joelpaterson

My new favorite band.

26. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Phil, we'd love to see ya out there !

27. HOTRODDICKIE

HOTRODDICKIE

I'm booking up tomorrow from England
    First time at VLV
    Looking forward to seeing some quality cars, talking flatheads and catching the bands
    Gonna do the Vegas wedding thing just after and make an honest woman after 9 years.
    Looks like we have to fly in and out of LA as the flights to Vegas are stacked and very expensive so hopefully see plenty of rods on the road.

Rich

28. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

its getting closer cant wait

29. Kerry67

Kerry67

Cool man ! PM me and I'll buy you and your bride a wedding cocktail !

30. Dirt Rod

Dirt Rod
    from Mission KS

Wife lady and I will be there. Also my Dad. His crony of 30 years will be riding his motorcycle in from SoCal. Trying to get more friends to go and see what I've been talking about for the last 7 years!!

Sadly, I will not have my truck done in time....

Ax