Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHUCK BERRY performing at the 2010 Shifters VLV car show!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jul 24, 2009.

1. hotrodnessa

hotrodnessa
    from az

axle,
    I'm (soon to be) 17 years old and have a 1933 Ford Pickup. The advertisement for Viva Las Vegas said that 12 and under and 21 and over are allowed to attend the Chuck Berry concert, whereas ages 13-20 are not. Is it the law or is this just a car show rule? And since I wouldn't be able to buy a ticket because of my age, am I not allowed to register my truck either until I'm 21?

2. Glen

Glen

So Axle....Are you guys ready and willing to turn away the rat rods?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  3. Tom Ingram

Tom Ingram

The car show is all ages. Everything inside the hotel is 21+. If you are under 21 and have a car you want to put in the car show, we will figure out a way of doing that. Please feel free to email me at [email protected]

TOM INGRAM

4. GASSERGUY

GASSERGUY

Chuck Berry? Short of bringing Buddy Holly or Elvis back from the dead, you couldn't have done better. Looking forward to VLV 13.

Ernest

5. I remember some news reports that Chuck Berry died back in the 90's.

Why did news agencies report his death a number of years ago?

Mistaken identity or something?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  6. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

Sounds like it is going to be an awesome show Axle! My wife and I will be there forsure. It is going to be a great time.

7. I can't wait for this... making reservations this week!

8. M.Edell

M.Edell

Boycotting VLV..Tom Ingram lied to us about performing there twice in a row..Although I'm proud of my buddies The Chop Tops are getting to open for Chuck.

9. 61TBird

61TBird

There's this new invention....:rolleyes:
    It's called an Air-o-plane,supposed to replace Steam Trains,Sailing Ships and Hot Air Balloons for Travel.:D

10. axle

axle
    from Drag City

ya know, i was gonna say that but...............

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

I saw him in 1979 at King George's Hall in Blackburn, England, he rocked the balls off the joint. The bouncers wouldn't allow dancing and Chuck stopped the show, made them move 4 rows of seats and then you shoulda seen the Teddy Boys go. It remains one of the greatest shows I've ever seen.

12. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Mights gotta go to this one, I don't like crowds anymore though.

13. YBlockCruizer

YBlockCruizer

Chuck Berry...That show alone is worth the entry fee!! Myself and two other friends will be there to represent Kansas and Oklahoma!!

14. Don't believe it.......

15. Congrats on scoring Chuck! I hope all is well with him, he just cancelled his Sturgis show for next week with no explanation.

16. axle

axle
    from Drag City

ha ha ha ha.....Thats a good one

17. How long have I been waiting? :rolleyes:

18. I have seen Chuck Berry do some bad shows. But, with the back up you're bringing, I bet he steps right up. Good for you, Alex...

19. axle

axle
    from Drag City

A lot of buzz in the air - lots of people are excited about this !
    Dave, the beer is waiting

20. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Here ya guys go. One of my favorite Chuck Berry songs !

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CgKIL7qOhOU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CgKIL7qOhOU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

21. DBAG

DBAG

I heard about a great Chuck Berry excerpt when he landed in an NYC airport for a gig, the promoters had asked him how his flight was he replied: "It went up, it went down.. where's my *&^%$'in money!!"

22. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I saw that dude do a short show at the state fair back in the late 70’s. As usual he stepped out on stage with complete strangers backing him up.
    It has like magic, easily one of the coolest things iv ever seen, Chuck Berry is a ruler.

23. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

No restriction on RAT RODS? My friend, that has gone to every one, says he won't go to another as long as the piles of shit that show up with only 4 tires and wheels being the only qualifyers for being a vehicle are let in. There was a pile of crap desiel powered lump that kept starting it up every 15 minutes and covering the crowd with soot that broke the camels back for him. Is this what "the scene" has become?
    BTW, If your a Chuck Berry fan the chances of seeing him are getting really short. At his age his "last" performance has got to be getting close.

Frank

24. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

There's always some tasteless cars at every gathering anywhere....The quality of cars at Viva this year was up from last year, and I'm sure it will be even better next year.....So.... a few goofy cars is enough to keep you away from this hot rod and custom, music and crazy cool people festival in fabulous Las Vegas ???.....well.....A team of wild horses couldn't keep me away from Viva !......Thanks Axle and friends.....I can't wait !

25. Kerry67

Kerry67

Blah, Blah, Blah.....Don't look at the cars if you don't like them. Why bitch about a show that has a killer turnout of cars, people, vendors & music ? It is FOUR ass kicking days of all of the above. I myself cannot wait until next year. You yourself have obviously never been there yet you rip on the show. Why not go and have some fun and see for yourself? I will NOT miss another Viva.

26. :eek:Where....Where.....Where....I wanna go see Chuck Berry!!!!!:eek:

27. flying clutchman

flying clutchman

Finally a good reason to go to VLV!!!

28. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Frank, just wondering if you've ever organized an event of this magnitude? Not being sarcastic but its not as easy as 1,2,3. Also, just wondering, Have you ever attended VLV ? There was a time when it was 100% traditional then things sort of changed without anyone seeing it coming. Not just talking the VLV scene, the entire car scene in general. If you read Ryan's article on us (Shifters) a few weeks ago you might understand what i'm referring to. Anyway, things just sort of changed all over. With that being said, we have finally put our feet down and cracking the serious whip. NO diesel rigs, NO post 1934 fenderless cars & especially pick ups allowed, and no wheel barrels with engines in them. If you attended in previous years then attended last year you noticed that we made a good effort to clean things up. Some people gave the sob story and told us that they trailered/drove their questionable cars 1,000 miles to get to VLV and yes, at times we gave in. Next year there will be no exceptions made. The rules www.vivalasvegas.net state it clearly and we will NOT stretch any rules. Hope this clarifies things. Hope to see you all there.
    Expect to see:
    Special guests
    Gasser display
    Top fuel Dragster display
    Chuck Berry and 3 other bands
    Top Deejays
    Pinstripers ball
    Special race team acknowledgement
    Special car club acknowledgement
    over 70 vendors.........and much,much more !

Thanks, Axle

29. DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez
    from So Cal

It looks great Axle! I can really appreciate your efforts in turning this and listening to the masses and truly coming out swinging for the fences with your efforts.

Stan- Lifters c.c.

30. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks Stan, You guys are top notch !