Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chrysler 331/354-392 Hemi Intake Dimensions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chickenridgerods, Oct 29, 2009.

1. I'm looking for the port and hole dimensions for the intake/head gasket flange on the 331/354 Chrysler Hemi. Essentially, I'm looking for the dimensions that would allow me to make an adapter like the one shown in the attached photo that's used to allow the use of the 331/354 heads on the 392.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. I'm not sure how thick the adapters are but I'm sure someone here will know. I do think you could just get an intake gasket and use it as a template to mark your holes. It would seem to be the cheapest and easiest way to do this and you could still use the gaskets afterwards.

3. 73RR

73RR

What is your time worth?

PAW sells them nicely finished and ready to go, <$90.

...and why not just use the 392 head?

4. The plate I'd be making wouldn't be used on a Chrysler engine; they'd be used to adapt an intake intended for the Chrysler to a pair of Ardun heads. The port spacing and bolt pattern is supposedly similar between the two, but there are some differences, hence the need for an adaptor plate.

If someone already has the dimensions, either from a drafting print or measured directly from an intake, I would expect those to be more accurate in terms of hole sizes and locations than measuring from a gasket. I would like to lay this out in CAD in order to double-check the feasibility before spending the $$$ on the actual intake.

5. 73RR

73RR

Maybe I am missing something, why not just lay the Chrysler gasket on the Ardun head ?