Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chrysler 300 paint OT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frankie47, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I really like the cream colored paint on the modern 300's, what primer would suit it best? I'm guessing a yellow or gray primer instead of lead red...or should I use a white?
    All guffaws and suggestions are welcome:D

2. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

I'd use white.

3. sik_kreations

sik_kreations

depends, if its a complete, its not gunna matter what color primer u would use. all spray black primer if im shooting white even, y? cuz i always use a primer sealer before paint. the brand i use, i can tint it to match the base color for faster coverage and less material used.

4. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

This will be my first paint, tinting and customizing a primer is a little beyond my means, thank you for the suggestions.
    I suppose that white is smarter than adding yellow to the mix..I mean that light yellow is not my objective.

5. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Any lighter color should do. White, buff, or even gray would be just fine. The lighter color will just help you get coverage quicker on a non-hiding color such as that cream. Good luck!

6. skullhat

skullhat

if you are talkin pw1 stone white as your color, id go with light gray or white primer, depending on what type paint you are using. if its more cream than that, white would be my choice for sealer
    the water base whites usually recc a white sealer, but it is tough to paint white over white sometimes as its tough to gage coverage.

i generally go with light gray when spraying white, unless its a color match job, then i go with white

in some systems if you use red primer under white you may get some bleed, but thats pretty much in the past

good luck

skull

7. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

Thanks guys.
    White on white sounds good but seeings it's my first real paint...gray sounds a little more closer to my skill level. Regardless I have quite a few old doors and panels to practice on:eek: I will try 3, White, gray and yellow.
    Side by side comparison should help me make up my mind!

8. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

If the Mopar paint colour is the exact ''look'' you want, why not check with an automotive paint supply outlet for the exact basecoat, pearl & clear and the final clearcoat that finish calls for? It may be cheaper in the long run, and you'll cut down on the learning curve! I'm bettin that it starts with a white base. A paint supply outlet should be able to tint primer to any shade you want.

Swankey Devils C.C.
    "Spending A Nation Into Generational Debt Is Not An Act Of Compassion!"

9. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

10. That color is known as "Cool Vanilla White".

11. Frankie47

Frankie47
    from omaha ne.

I guess that's better than Cool Vanilla Ice!:D