Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chromic Acid; where can I get some?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Redbows35panel, May 12, 2010.

1. Redbows35panel

Redbows35panel

I need about 10# of chromic acid. I need to make a new batch of carburetor dye. I've searched the net and can get a 55 gallon drum, but that would last a life time. Yearwood makes a carburetor paint that looks :rolleyes: but does not look :rolleyes: very long. There was some other stuff (can't recall the name) that worked pretty well but the manufacturer quit making it. I have not been able to find any old stock. Holley will not sell you their dye, I've already inquired. Any help would be appreciated.

2. MarkL

MarkL
    from Tacoma WA

Have you tried Caswell? I dont know if they have it but they have a pretty extensive listing of plating chemicals and supplies. Dont know if this will help or not. http://www.caswellplating.com/index.html

3. rq375

rq375
    from Washington

The one I have seen mentioned on the HAMB is Alodine 1201, available in small quantities from Aircraft Spruce.