Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chromedaddyo from Cleveland

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by chromedaddyo, May 22, 2006.

1. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

My name is Dave and I am an autoholic.............

Been lurking for quite some time, this is by far the coolest site for the free thinking, did it my way and kiss my ass if you don't understand it people!

I grew up in the late 60's early 70's at car shows and drags in N.E. Ohio. Pops drag raced 55 T-Birds and always had a project in the works. I am not sure what got me started but remember clearly tinkering with T-Bird carbs at 5 years old and reading Hot Rod in 3rd grade, Had my first car at 13.

My personal history began with Muscle cars, (Mustangs, Cougars, El Caminos) always modified, I have always hated restored cars (yawn). This gave way to the 55 Chevy delivery 55 Ford and 58 Custom 300. I don't seem to keep anything very long term, I enjoy building them as much, if not more than driving them. Been to VLV twice, good time!

Current rides and projects include:
    55 F100, project,shaved, lowered, tilt front, caddy tail lights.
    68 Stang, Driver, Shelby clone with custom mods.
    68 F100. Driver, El Loco beater.
    71 Chevy van, True surviver with goofy paint from 1975 a real time capsule, drive the nuts off this one!
    68 Cougar in the mothballs, This will be a straight axled, altered wheelbase, big block powered, slicks sticking out AFX gasser style drag car.

Club: Pistons hot rod association, Cleveland, Ohio

I am glad to be here, You guys (and gals) have knowledge, and imagination, That is what got this whole hot rod thing started after all!

Dave

2. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Welcome Dave,

We've probubly met somewhere. I know a couple of the Pistons' guys.

I think one is Randy..I used to own the orange 53 club coupe gasser.

Anyway, enjoy the joint!

Tim

3. luckydevil

luckydevil

Glad to see another Cleveland area HAMBER in the mix. Do you know about the Rock & Race at Dragway 42 in July? You can check out the flyer here www.dragway42rockrace.com Welcome aboard!

4. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

An introductory photo, This is the Cougar that will be an altered wheelbase, big block. I will post some 55 F-100 pics later.

Attached Files:

5. Gasser57

Gasser57

GEEEZZ! Who isn't on here anymore?! Welcome aboard Dave, try posing some pics of your mom and dad racing the t-birds, everyone will go nuts.