Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHROME bumper scam at LARS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steel rebel, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

I can totally understand guys wanting to thump these assholes, i just hope when they do catch up with them there not standing there and saying,dam i brought a knife to a gun fight

2. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Didn't see em :(

but I didn't git to see the whole shootin match cause my bad knee started givin me hob and hadta leave bout 2/3s of the way thru --

DID find a nice Bosch headlamp fer my Merc :) onea mine has a stone crack that was likely gonna be gittin bigger --

also an "Easy Rider" neckin knob that fit my Chevy perfect

anybody else have better luck findin them flim flammers :confused:

3. Goodguys in Scottsdale coming in a couple of weeks boys. I'm thinkin around March 7th.

4. EXACTLY what I was thinking! Seriously? A couple tents/EZ Ups on your shop's business card? Funny:D

5. I wonder how they'd fare in an IRS audit.

6. sadsack

sadsack

crap happens sadsack

7. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

Every chrome bumper guy I see at a swap is a scam or dishonest. The only way they can advertise those prices is by sending your stuff to Mexico and you may never see it again

8. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

EPA has forced nearly all platers to send stuff to Mexico to be plated.

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  9. badsix

badsix
    from oregon

they are usually at the Portland or. swap meet and will have 2 or 3 booths set up, this will be in April. I'll be their if you guys want to put the thump on them, I haven't had fun like that in a long time.

10. Dwaino

Dwaino

I checked with the guys running Portland, and they did not have anyone registered as Chrome. I provided all the names that they might use as well.

Was told they would keep an eye out for them.

I also forwarded this message string, for their reading pleasure.

11. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Hey all, I don't know anything about whether this is a scam or not, but I have a customer who has dealt with them. I know they've been to the Conroe, TX swap meet a couple of times, including the most recent one in Feb. My customer has sent stuff with them and gotten it back, and also been worried about other stuff. This morning, a package for that customer showed up via UPS with the same return address; the UPS store in Walnut, CA. I can't speak to the quality or legitimacy of these guys, though they seem shady for sure.

My new information is that it's not only Juan. This package has a name B. Johnson on it for the return address. Hope this helps anyone who has been scammed.

I prefer to use a shop in Houston who has done a great job in the past. Expensive, but very nice chrome. I like taking it there and picking it up a few weeks later, no scams allowed.

12. With info from the bank one could contact the postmaster. if you mailed them a check and they cashed it and didn't spuuly the service I believe that it becomes postal fraud. The Posmaster general takes a dim view of people who use the postoffice to rip people off. just a thought.

13. dinty

dinty
    from Albany NY

I bought a 3 piece rear bumper from this pig, for a 57 Pontiac, when I got them they were damage. I paid 60.00 to send them back. He said they were damaged when he got them and UPS was going to take pictures and determine if I packaged them properly, that was in May. Ups went to his place of business
    Baldwin Park, CA, United States 05/28/2014 10:44 P.M. The package was not ready for pickup at the time of the final attempt. / The return label was missing. We're unable to return the package to the sender.
    05/28/2014 11:00 A.M. The package was not ready for pickup at the time of the final attempt. - (Label)
    Baldwin Park, CA, United States 05/23/2014 3:21 P.M. The package was not ready at the time of the second pickup attempt. A final attempt will be made. - (Label)
    Baldwin Park, CA, United States 05/22/2014 3:39 P.M. The package was not ready at the time of the first pickup attempt. A second attempt will be made.
    Baldwin Park, CA, United States 05/21/2014 11:39 A.M. We've scheduled an inspection of the damaged contents and packaging. We'll provide the sender with the results.
    Baldwin Park, CA, United States 05/05/2014 12:09 P.M. Delivered
    He was never there to let them inspect the "damage". He is pissed at me for not sending him cores. I`m out $515.00 have no 3 piece bumper, and this crook is pissed at ME. My advice to any one considering to do business with him is to see a shrink, or join a club for the Terminally Masochistic

14. Dwaino

Dwaino

With Hot August Nights rolling around way too soon, I have asked that the folks at the HAN Swap Meet keep their eyes open for this guy. He stung me last year in Reno and I don't want him to rip off anyone else there. Turns out I am not the first, nor the only one, to talk to them this year about Chrome. They have other complaints about these guys taking money and not following through with delivery.

Juan seems to run under the "Chrome" name, a pickup truck with trailer, easy up with no company name and only accepts cash or check.

Be wary of any company doing cash or check only business. I didn't see it at the time, but hindsight won't get my parts or money back from this guy.

15. 61 Sunliner

61 Sunliner

Did these scumbags show up at LARS this year?

16. 61 Sunliner

61 Sunliner

The "CHROME" bumper scammers are back at the Hot August Nights swap meet. They have gone under cover though, same setup, just removed the front licence plate from their brown Dodge truck.

17. Get a few of "THE BOYS" together and go have a little talk with them.
    This shit has been goin on 2 long.

18. Dwaino

Dwaino

Chrome now goes by A-1 Chrome.
    Must have caught wind someone was hot on his trail in Reno. Juan packed up and left HAN swap meet a day early.

Attached Files:

19. AGW

AGW

A couple of months ago I filed a Business Consumer Alliance complaint stating: "I talked to the United Plating representative at the Chickasha Oklahoma swap meet in Oct. 2013 about getting my Pontiac GTO bumpers chromed. I asked if he would be interested in some core bumpers since I had several from '65 thru '69 GTO cars. He took my information and picked up all my bumper cores, including the two I needed re-plated plus two headlight trim rings, the next day. I paid him $650 plus the extra bumper cores we valued at $425 in exchange for chroming my 2 bumpers and trim rings. I emailed the company in Jan. 2014 and received a call back that they were still working on the rings and were planning to bring my parts to Oklahoma in Feb. I have called and emailed numerous times since then and have either got no response or a promise to call me back later which never happened. My United Plating invoice number is 3502 and all the my cores were in good condition, especially the trim rings that had minimal pitting, so there is no excuse for taking a year to complete the job and send my parts." This complaint got no response from the company. The United Plating representative was Juan De La Cruz T., an older gentleman with a Spanish accent. My later research found the T. stood for Treminio.

I found this forum after visiting the fall 2014 Chickasha meet and talking to a vendor called "John" from A1 Chrome. He was evasive when I asked him about my stuff at United Plating but said he knew the guy and would check and call me the next week. He commented a couple of times that he didn't know the guy was doing that. He also knew the guy was driving a white van. When I found out this younger "John" was actually Juan Treminio and asked him about it, his response was that he had the same name as the United Plating guy but his was a different company. The swap meet officials that I talked to were aware of the situation but said they couldn't do much other than ban this vendor from coming back in the future. This younger Juan actually called me the next week and said my stuff had been delayed due to illness and would be sent in November. My caller ID came up Juan Tremino, 626-941-4133. I don't know why the different spelling of his last name since his California DL info I obtained shows Juan Treminio. His DL # is C3577763 expiring 1/1/19 with the 91748 address shown in other postings on this site.

I know the chances of getting my parts back are basically zero, but I am 77 years old taking blood pressure pills so can't do much but just blow it off. I have been down these roads before and know better, especially with today's technology, so can't blame anybody but myself. There was a swap meet in Norman OK the weekend after Chickasha and Juan De La Cruz was there last year and "John" said he was going this year. I suspect there were several other dumb Okies that got scammed at these events by this California family of thieves. About all I can do is warn others that they are still operating and doing it nationwide.

Allyn

20. indyjps

indyjps

It's easier than you'd think to set up a mailbox in a fake name, I had one for a few years, the location never asked a thing, just put a bill in the box to pay up if you want to extend service.

21. Ryan C.

Ryan C.

Hey everybody, just wanted to warn you all that Juan Traminio is still up to his dirty tricks. My now deceased father met him at a Shriner's swap meet in the Kansas City area sometime in early to mid 2014. Going by the name "A-1 Chrome" he took all the chrome for my dad's 51 Cadillac 62s and half of the payment. After hounding him for a while he finally returned bumpers only and demanded final payment before remaining pieces were sent. That's where the scam comes in...he keeps the money and the more rare/expensive parts! My father was told he had stage 4 cancer and 6 months-2 years to live and the day he was going in for surgery he was more concerened with paying/keeping his word with Juan. Unfortunately my father passed just over a week ago and never got to see his prized possession completed. Juan, may the last thing you ever see in life be the headlights of one of your victims!

Side window frames/trim
    [​IMG]

Bumper extensions
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  22. Just letting you guys know - I saw a white pickup with a smooth side shell on it with "Chrome" on it here in Taos a couple weeks ago.

23. martyk98

martyk98
    from washington

Yep they got me too. Western Washington Fair in Puyallup. A1 Chrome. Two bumpers and grill off my 64 Country squire wagon. Lots of promises but nothing. His phone number is 626-941-4133. All his shop location and tracking numbers are fake. I'm going to contact the Fair and get a mailing list of all the venues I can find and black ball these guys out of business. Maybe if enough of us start looking for them at these venues, they will surface and can be arrested.

24. alchemy

alchemy

Why do people keep sending their parts with transient platers? Go visit a local plater, there has got to be one somewhere within a day's driving distance.

A sucker born every minute.

GreenMonster48 and da34guy like this.
  25. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Bottom line guys we can't trust anybody anymore. Don't pay until you see the product.

26. 5window

5window

True, and I don't know. The only way I'd buy from an unknown plater is if he had the piece right there at the show and I could hold it in my hands. Even then, looking good might not equal good plating. Here in the East,we've got Librandi's, Paul's and Advanced shows up quite a bit at shows. These guys all have good reps. Bottom line, good chrome's expensive.

da34guy likes this.
  27. martyk98

martyk98
    from washington

I tried that. The UPS
    store will not give out any info
    I tried that. They won't give up any info or help. "customer privacy"

28. martyk98

martyk98
    from washington

Did you save his eBay handle, I'm not going to let this go.

29. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

With what has been stated here, there is no reason the local authorities can't be contacted when he pulls into a swap meet and he be arrested on the spot. What has been described here is theft.

30. wvenfield

wvenfield

4-5 years ago I bought something off Craigslist off a guy half way across the country. Yes, I knew the risks, it wasn't a ton of money ($250) and I did some research. The place had a website, a phone number and was a real place of business.

Nothing. I'd call, they would answer. Sorry, sending it out....Over and over. I called the local police and they said they were aware of them. Yes it was a real business but they were known for scams. That if I wanted to come there they would arrest them. I wasn't traveling that far for $250. I stayed on it.

I found another person looking for info on the same place. (he was out $500). Coincidences being what they were, he participated on the Jockey Journal site. We discussed things when he recalled talking to a couple guys from that city on the J.J. He contacted them. They said for a case of beer they would go visit the guy. Paypal a case of beer.

Two days later I get an email. "Your money is at the Western Union (across town). Tell your friends to back off". I went and checked and sure enough, there is was. I didn't ask and I have no clue what they said. :D