Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHROME bumper scam at LARS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by steel rebel, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Fordiron

Fordiron
    from Ca.

Anything from the Attorney General?

2. Dwaino

Dwaino

BBB complaint says they have until the 17th to respond. I did receive an electronic receipt that contains a link to my complaint, where any action is to be posted. Nothing new there, although it is a new complaint.

The only correspondence I have received from the Attorney Generals Office is a copy of the data I submitted to the Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General.

I will post any updates that occur regarding my complaints.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

how do these guys get away with this if they are going to all the swap meets over and over again? you would think someone would have taken thier refund out of his ass by now.

4. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Blows my mind on how these types of shady shops stay in business and bring in new business all the time...

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

The Better Business Bureau is a joke, they have no ability to put any pressure on a bad business. However, the Attorney General idea is a good one. These guys are the armpit of the car hobby and it is amazing that people keep being sucked in by them. All we can do is keep spreading the word.

As I recall, they had a booth at Turkey Run last year or the year before.

Don

6. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If you can round up a couple of local fellas, I think I'd do a deal with him, send him a check and ship him a bumper-shaped piece of tin wrapped in very identifiable lime green tape, then hang out by the UPS store that he's using for a couple of days. A good old fashioned stakeout. Might be interesting to follow him to wherever his stash of stolen parts are.

7. uncle buck

uncle buck

Exactly What Don said is true about the BBB. They have zero legal jurisdiction.

8. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

BBB is a waste of time.
    They have no teeth to force them to do anything. All they can do is give them a BBB poor letter grade rating. Big deal. If they join BBB & pay their ransom fees- that F can change to a B or even an A rating.

9. uncle buck

uncle buck

That is a very good explanation of how the BBB works.

10. Dwaino

Dwaino

Received a letter in the mail yesterday from the California AG office. Described in general what direction they will follow, the records they maintain and well as additional legal suggestions that I have available to me.

They will contact the company and proceed from there.

Was expecting to see a standard form letter, but the thing was actually signed by a human being before being stuffed in the envelope. Had the case/investigation number, Chromes name in the text of the letter and that hand signature. Maybe there is something to knocking on their door looking for some assistance.

11. Fordiron

Fordiron
    from Ca.

Dwaino I thought I was contacting the AG office but it ended up being a company called Consumer Complaint Agency. Tried to call them, just recordings, emailed them with questions like are they connected with the AG, about any recourse if they can't do anything, got the old form email. Seems like a scam, they got $25 out of me. I will file with the AG office. I want to catch him at Turlock. Need to have other victims email me [email protected]. I will knock on his door!

12. agtw31

agtw31

the BBB cant get your money back

they can mediate a dispute,but if the seller doesnt want to,the BBB cant force them to do anything

best bet is internet fraud bureau http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

also,quit sending checks to people you dont know

use paypal,or a credit card

13. Fordiron

Fordiron
    from Ca.

I'm going to talk with John Sweeney ( Cruisin News ) maybe he can put a word or two out about this asshole. How bout all of us call Treminio every chance we get 626-941-4133.

14. Fordiron

Fordiron
    from Ca.

Thank you, I will do that, great info. I guess I can't trust everyone.

15. agtw31

agtw31

guys like these always end up filing bankruptcy to avoid lawsuits

better go after him now in court,while he is still in business

16. Dwaino

Dwaino

Here is a link to the State of California, Department of Justice, Office of the Attorney General. There is no cost, and certainly will get their attention if others file a complaint as well.

http://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company

Today is the last day for him to respond to the BBB. And as noted previously here, they don't carry much bite. But the more we bring this business to the attention of others, the better chance we have for resolution.

17. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

His is in California, your out of state , i wounder if contacting your state attorney general and see if they will intervene for you(ask them to talk to Cal. Att. G),just a though. Put me on the long list that cant understand how this guy has got away with this for as along as he has,given all the people he has screwed, he should be doing prison time.

18. birdman1

birdman1

you can say what you want about Paypal, but it works most the time. I got scammed by a guy in California, afterwards I looked up his address on Google earth, it was a K-Mart parking lot!!!ONIL THING, HE DIDN'T GET NO VIRGIN!

19. bondolero

bondolero

This guy is either working for or has access to a plater in SoCal. He is obviously ripping off enough $$$ and cores to go out on the road sell YOUR CORES. Either that or has burned out the Long Beach and Pomona Swap meets and is having to continually sell out of town.

Met a couple guys at San Diego big 3 last year that were doing this, i.e.: picking up cores, having a "friend" sneak them into the chrome shop for plating where he worked, and selling them at the swap meets. Did pretty decent work for the money but wouldn't tell me where their shop was located to drop off bumpers. Pretty obvious they were bootlegging them at someone else's shop or having them done in Mexico.

20. Fordiron

Fordiron
    from Ca.

Anyone going to Turlock? I'm goin and will deal with this asshole. I will need some bodys to watch my back or be witness. email me. I'm not fuckin around. Attorney General office is a waste of time. I gave them 2 address and the are unable to contact. I'll give em a couple more address and see what happens. I'm not gonna give up. He needs jail and hospital. Only Men with big balls need reply.

21. Fordiron

Fordiron
    from Ca.

22. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

"Chrome" shows up in Phoenix at the GCC swaps,I forwarded a link to this thread to the folks that put it on and they responded back with their thanks,hopefully he will be banned from renting a space from now on.Let the hosts of your local swap meets know about this guy,if he can't sell maybe he will dry up and go away.

23. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

What happened?

24. Branded

Branded

Fordiron hasnt logged onto HAMB since his last post. Maybe things didnt work out so well....:eek:

25. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Maybe he bit off a little more than he could chew and got an ass kickin himself. Too bad he got ripped off . There are smart ways to deal with people that rip you off, none of which include public threats and announcements of your plan.....that's just dumb.

26. Fittynine

Fittynine
    from Iowa

I just stumbled across this thread while doing a search for this guy. I met him and his father at the Greenfield Iowa swap meet last fall. They said they were Juan and Juan jr and they were from California (just a few miles from where I used to live). They had several rechromed bumpers on display. I would say close to 100. I got a business card from him and he wrote the price on the back ($280/each) for replating my bumpers. He also gave me some UPS next day air forms to fill out. And he said when I got ready to send my cores in, just to give him a call and it would cost $24 to ship both bumpers to him and he would have them done in 2 weeks. I remember thinking that sounded almost too good to be true. I'm at the point now where I'm ready to get my bumpers done, so I did a search on his address. Come to find out it's the UPS store!!! Did some more searching which led me to this thread and now I see all the crap he's been pulling. I just wanted to say thanks for the heads up on him and I sure hope you guys catch him and get your money back. Here's his card if it helps.

[​IMG]

27. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:( More low life scum that needs a little education about how to live right.Can you say"Louisville Slugger(R)?
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

28. powrshftr

powrshftr

Shady fucking pricks...I hope these guys get caught at a swap meet out in the sticks someplace and the locals give them some 'small town justice'....

Seems from some of the stories here that one or two folks actually got their parts or part of their order filled at one time,then these guys escalated from just being shady fuck-ups,to being full on,travelling con artists on a pretty large scale.
    These guys need to be found at a local swap,then block their truck in til the cops get there so they can't get away.
    The only way these guys are gonna be caught is if it is done in person.They are not leaving a real,tangible trail to contact or track them,so they need to be grabbed when the physical opportunity presents itself.
    Somebody PLEASE catch these weasels!

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

29. uncle buck

uncle buck

They Certainly have got a nice shop / store front. :rolleyes:

30. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

"BIG 3" is comin up THIS month in San Diego!''

I'm goin ---- with a "mission" now after readin this thread :mad:

Ryan C. likes this.