Register now to get rid of these ads!

Christmas Gifts.....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buick59, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

So, what do you guys buy your kids for Christmas?

In the last couple of years I have given my kids tool boxes and beginner tool sets. This year I plan to buy them more tools (yes Harbor Freight is a great place to go and buy kids starter tool sets) so they can work on their bicycles.

Another place that I went yesterday is to the Army Surplus store. They have all kinds of odds and ends that kids, at least my boys love. My oldest son just joined the Boy Scouts, so mess kits, framed back packs, canteens, Ammo boxes will be under the tree this year.

I think I will give him a pancake air compressor for his air brush this year too.

Am I the odd one out that buys his kids compressors and tools?

2. Harms Way

Harms Way

My sons are in there 20's, So I just keep a list of what they borrow from me, And I have a hard time getting back....... That's what I get them for Christmas. (So I can get mine back)

3. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

no way my dad gave me tools for x-mas when I was a kid. I still have them all and they get their use. One year for my birthday he gave me the tool box I use today. I will have it forever.

I would say get them some practical stuff and mix in a few toys. Kids love toys, but they will learn to appreciate tools.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My kids are 27 & 33. I bought my daughter a rather girly flowered multi bit screwdriver a couple of years ago but she will get what her mom picks out this year.

I usually do pick up a few interesting small tools for my son though but that's the fun of being dad and having a son that appreciates good tools.

5. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

My 6 yr old will be getting his first tool box this year. He has been bugging me for me to give him my first tool box but that wont happen for a while. I have been picking up tools here and there for him as well. He should be pretty happy....

6. My twin girls are 34,they usually get cash,,it's always the right color,never big enough but they never need a receipt for a refund or exchange! HRP

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  7. adamshumard

adamshumard

I make a living with the set of tools my parents got me when I was younger.

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Frances (7) is getting a flaked Cadillac valve cover. My Caddy was her favorite car ever.
    Ruby (4) wants a Rat Fink 'doll'.
    I'm a sucker for them.....they usually get what they want.

9. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I quit buying my kids gifts...besides, both of them are in their forties...they buy gifts for me now...!!! My son gave me a '60 Chevy two door wagon for Christmas last year...it's about to go into the garage and get a big blok...!!!

R-

10. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Im almost 40 and my dad is still asking for tools back. Of course I borrowed them a year ago.

I get my son tools for Christmas, cause I got tired of finding mine scattered across the yard.

11. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

I don't have any tools, but more than that, since I have access to my friends and grandfather's tools, what I want is a project or complete car, any Ford vehicle from 28'-58'. I'm very versatile:D but I'll have to buy it, parents don't have spare money to spend on something that's not complete. lol

12. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I always make sure there are tools that I need on my wish list so Dad can do alittle shopping for stuff that he likes to buy. Also, we (me, my folks, and my sister) have all been adding to my nephew's tool box over the years.