Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chopping a 50' Ford this weekend in Austin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Evilfordcoupe™, Dec 31, 2003.

1. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

The roof is too high. Starting on Friday and going till its done......If anyone wants to come hangout or even get dirty your more than welcome. Were doing it at Flyrite in north Austin.

-Jason

2. OutLaw

OutLaw

Count Me in... I've nothing better to do

3. Jester

Jester
    from Blevins AR

damn i wish i was closer. would like to see someone do it right. I'm working on a 53 chevy and it going great just really really really slow.

4. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Wish I could make it. I've gotta get my 56 done before the Round Up.

5. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

I'd love to watch and help a little. Need some beer? Tell me how to get there..That's not too far away.

6. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

p.s. I have the 3 rod and customs where they chopped a 49 start to finish, I they might be handy for reference-wanted to do a car like that wanted to see what was involved-let me know-I work in Austin...
    Cody

7. Whatever you do ........don't forget to take pictures as you go!!!!! We wanna see how you did it! [​IMG] HRP

8. BoneBox1950

BoneBox1950

Hey Jason! Wish I could make it but I'm a little far away. I'd love to see some pics of the chopping if you take 'em...

9. BIG RIC

BIG RIC

Ya'll have fun. wish i could be there.
    See ya in March.

10. 53choptop

53choptop

Hey Jason,

I'll be there also, need some motivation to haul home and finish the chop on the olds. See ya friday...

Rey

11. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

OK, I just got home from dragging the '50 out of the hills. Had to put 4 tires on it and bring it to the shop. Its been holding a tree up since I found it.

Cody, We are at 183/McNeil on 13200 Pond Springs Road space D-32(North Austin). If you need directions you can always call 918-2467. You may want to bring beer, but we should have plenty.
    Look forward to seeing you Ray.
    Eric and HOTRODPRIMER, we will take plenty of pictures...
    Ric, I cant wait for March either....

-Jason

12. fatluckys

fatluckys

See ya Friday. I'll bring Glen along for a shop tour and you can pick his brain about metallurgy.

13. I would love to help, but need to work on the headers for my car.
    Have fun and take out an extra 1/4" for me.
    TZ

14. Crease

Crease

Jason,

I need to get over there and learn something, but it looks like Im gonna be working. Just about finished up the chop on my buddys 5 window, came out pretty good. That 50' will require a bit more technique, wish I could see how ya do it. Sandman may want to come check it out, he's planning to start on a shoebox pretty soon. I was recommending that he take it to Frank Palmer, but why the hell not give it a shot? Good luck with it!

15. BLAKE

BLAKE

I'll be there... need anyone to bring anything particular, just-in-case?

16. tikiranch

tikiranch

Man, wish I could be there. Sounds like Fun. Don't forget the pics of the chop and the food....Shiner and BBQ, right? Now I got to get back to working on the shirt design. Having a real job is putting a strain on my artwork....Talk to you soon Jason
    Don't leave Tyler alone with any power tools..Haha! Just kidding. Tell him Monica said How-Dee from sunny FL.

17. I got to be there. Crease is right, I will be doing one real soon. Don't get to much done on Fri.cuz I cant miss work. See you Sat. How early?

Mark
    Barons
    So.Texas

18. OutLaw

OutLaw

Another potato cannon

19. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Probably around 10:00AM on Sat. I dont know how far we'll get on Friday, I have to pull the seats out still.... I just threw in 2 bug foggers. Seems the wasp nest that was in it last summer is still there alive and well. Oh and some big brown spider crawled out from underneath it too. That was enough for me.

-Jason

20. Chris 50

Chris 50

Hell, I wish I was in Austin. I wanna see pics too. I'm building a '50 sedan right now myself. Funny that your affiliated with Flyrite. I'm a hotrodder, but my bike buds have been doggin' me to get a bike. I REALLY dig the bikes you guys are building and have seriously been thinking about getting one. Is there a HAMB discount? [​IMG] Hope the chop turns out nice.

21. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Come on guys we need pictures!

22. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

Here's some pics of the current progress.....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Jason

23. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

24. Jason, thanks for having me over to your shop. Had a great time meeting the other Hambers, and getting dirty. They all worked realy well together. I learned allot about the job that is in my near future, and relize I'm guna need some help! [​IMG] Thanks again for opening your shop to us all, oh, and did I mention the beer was good and cold [​IMG] Keep us posted on your progess, and let me know if there is any thing I can do.

Mark
    Barons
    So.Texas

25. Damn, Sandman made the drive in from the Hill Country?!! [​IMG] Mark are you on a mission to help build all the rides in So.Tex?! [​IMG] [​IMG] Who else made it? I'm chained to my easel, getting ready for a tattoo convention, or I woulda liked to have showed up.

26. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

I made it out friday and saturday..Car's lookin' bad ass and Jason and the boys were all real cool to the newbie..Let me know when you're gonna work on it again, be more than happy to come lend a hand for what it's worth!!!
    Cody

27. Crease

Crease

Sounds like you guys had fun. Wish I could have made it. The chop looks great. What's the plan for the car Jason?

28. BLAKE

BLAKE

I had a great time - thanks again to Jason for the hospitality and the chance to learn something! If memory serves, I saw EVILFORDCOUPE, OUTLAW, SANDMAN, JASONIC, BIGDOG928, and FATLUCKY at the shop plus BUZZARD, KRUPANUT, CUSTOM55, and some others at the bar Friday night... somebody help me if I missed anyone.

I gotta say the chop looks killer. When I left Saturday night it was basically back together but still needing final welding/smoothing to button it up. It took us a coupla tries to get the rear window where it needed to be, but the end result was worth the effort.

I never woulda attempted this on my own before this wekend, but like SANDMAN said, I'm eager to try another one now!

29. I just talked to Outlaw and want to see what it looks like
    outside. Let's see the update pictures, I know there in
    the camera.
    TZ

30. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Damn I wish I read this earlier, I would have loved to come hang out, I drove from Corpus to Waco Saturday, I could have stopped by, I had time to kill....

Maybe next time...