Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chopped 57 Fairlane

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NICKEYCHEVY60, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Thought I'd post a few pictures of this as I don't recall seeing one chopped before.:cool:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  2. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Wow man, that thing is radical. You have more pics? I really dig that wild late 50s/early 60s style.

I've seen them chopped before. D'Agostino did one in a beautiful aqua fade. Stunning

Edit: I though the OP was referencing a different car. Im not really feeling this chopped Custom. It's chopped too much and the roof looks squashed. Chopolds has always taught me that when chopping a car with curved glass, you really can't go more than 2" at the A pillar or else the windshield can't fit. The proportion is off here

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  3. looks good. i always hit my head in my dads 58{with no chop}:->

4. I added another.It is listed on another site.My first thread was deleted because I included the link. I just think it looks awesome.

5. Top Kick

Top Kick

It's not a Fairlane, it's a Custom.

6. Fairlane/Custom same roof.

7. I really like 57 Fords most of the time. To each there own I guess but this one don't work for me. I like Gassers and I like Chopped customs but not both in one package. I just think it has a Cartoone profile. Sorry.
    The Wizzard

8. Not the same but similar, either would be a bear to chop...cool ride

9. Someone here had asked recently if one of these was ever chopped as it would probably be a bear to do. I just stumbled on this today.

10. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Top Kick, my apologies. I thought he was referencing the car on hot rod hotline. Yes, this car is a Custom. Judging by the amount if chop, I'd be willing to guess the windshield is plexi.

D'Agostinos build was Fairlane. 2 obvious tell-tale signs it's a Fairlane:
    -the downward turning body line/fin into the quarter
    -the fact that the car is a hardtop. Only Fairlanes came as hardtops

11. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Custom/Custom 300 share the same room. Fairlane/Fairlane 500 share the same roof. All 57 fords share the same front clip

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

'57's are another car that you don't "improve" by chopping them. A lowered stance is all they need to make a statement. Color, wheels and tires will complete the look.

Frank

13. rustyhood

rustyhood

I had never seen one chopped and I love 57 Fords body style. I had one in high school. But I had to check this out and it looks perty Bad Azz to me.

14. Exactly. That's why I thought I'd share this.It works but I wouldn't do it to mine.

15. sololobo

sololobo

at last years H.A.M.B. drags a chopped 57 tu-dr post was raced. It ran well and was very bad ass looking in black primer!! It was smokin!! I think its in last years archived photos of the drags. I love the full roof for off track, they have a sweet profile out of the box. Rock on! ~Sololobo~

16. Rikster

Rikster

right!!! ???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Austinrod likes this.
  17. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

NICK...that's the first chopped 57 i've seen to, and i agree it doesn't look right. but lowering it would help. man that green 57 ford was wonderful! in 1957 a friend of mine intered his 57 ford in the houston AUTO show. it was called the CRAWLER. i wonder if anyone remembers it?...POP.

18. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I was always told, never chop anything that starts in the Double Nickel year.........because you shouldn't mess with perfection.

I will say this, Richard Zocchi's car still looks chopped, SUBTLY, but that lid looks lowered compared to the darker Fairlane with wires at the bottom.

The black primer sedan looks squished..............

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  19. That last green one doesn't look chopped.Is it?

20. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

It may not be, it could be the way the car is sitting in the picture.......angles, color, me, blah blah blah............but it sure looks like a slight drop of the top.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
    Austinrod likes this.
  21. Rikster

Rikster

Richard Zocchi's, not John's

22. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Thank you, I'll correct that!

23. Rikster

Rikster

[​IMG]

24. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

2.5 inches.............................whoa. LOTS of work for such a subtle statement.

25. Subtle was exactly the way I would call it.

26. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

yyup, the 57 in the first post is chopped way to much. My Dad chopped his 2 or 3 inches i cant remember exactly, but i would not go any lower than that.

27. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

28. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

X2. Just doesn't hit me right.