Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chip Foose P-32, May Street Rodder....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by timmy25252, Mar 12, 2008.

1. timmy25252

timmy25252

Just got the issue today and was surprised by the change of direction foose took with this build. But anyways it says the interview went further in-depth than what was printed in the article. It says you can find the rest of the interview on their website and after searching for it and using the search function I had no luck. Does any body have the link to the rest of the interview?

Attached Files:

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

IMHO, prolly one of the ugliest cars Foose ever attempted...or "built"...

R-

3. ditto

4. timmy25252

timmy25252

I think it just needs to lose the cone on the grill shell....

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

Lose the "nose" and the side glass and I dig it.

Even the master isn't perfect.

6. converseandbowlingshirts

converseandbowlingshirts
    from Eugene, OR

I would dig this car without that big-ass wok stuck to the grille. Did Paul Sr. or Jr. help design that fuggin' thing?

Dat Ho's custom grille factory and kindling emporium
    [​IMG]

7. belair

belair

Foose blew this one-that COOOOOL cut up Stude that was on the board about 6 months is what Foose wishes he had built. But the exhaust thingies are way cool.

8. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Looking past the cone on the front, I really like this car.

9. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

it looks like a airplane... :D
    i think it would have potential in the hands of a hotrodder...

10. Motor_Psycho

Motor_Psycho

I absolutely love that car, ever since I first saw un-finished picture it struck me as killer

sure some people don't like it just because its Foose

11. KIRK!

KIRK!

Wow, you're sharp.

12. KIRK!

KIRK!

Foose is a hot rod god! I have plenty of interaction with him, and he is simply amazing as a designer, builder and all-around person.

13. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Might not be everyone's cup of tea.. but I dig the shit out of it.

Guess because I'm a huge fan of the P-40 and other old planes. I think the front needs to be reworked a little. Otherwise, it's WAY cool.

[​IMG]

14. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

Well it is a "theme" car. That being said it is nothing I would want in my garage. I think that is a real prop spinner on the front as it has three cutouts for blades.

15. 5window

5window

What do you call one Dagmar? The "nose cone" looks stupid from any angle.

16. Dan10

Dan10
    from Joplin

And even if the car is a turd some people will like it just because its Foose.

I think the nose is hideous.

17. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

the grille nose cone kills it for me. I love the front suspension. Lots of neat touches. Doesnt over do the theme

18. Do I like it, ummmm, yes.

Would I want it, ummm, probably not.

Could I come up with such an original design and build it, ummm, NO!!!

Foose just took the same "aircraft style" idea as the Backseat Betty, and took it a step further.

19. thed3vl

thed3vl

I like it, including the window and the nosecone, and i don't like 99,8% of what foose does.

20. The nose cone is about the only thing I can't stand, but love the rest. I could care less who built/designed it,,,, a cool car is cool, a turd is a turd.

21. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Foose is very talented and creative.
    "Theme" stuff just doesn't round out a combo-platter desire template for me.

Hot rods on the street.
    Airplanes in the air/hanger.

22. cruzr

cruzr

ya cant please everyone.........that being said and also having the chnace to see it in person........its a very interesting car. I like it...............would i build it?? no.........but still the craftmanship and thought put into it deserves merit!!

23. wvenfield

wvenfield

I'm sure the craftsman ship is astounding. Talent that one really can't say a word about. Theme stuff including that nose cone reminds me of being a kid and sticking a plastic engine on your bicycle that went vrooooom as you went down the street.

24. Sellers Equipped

Sellers Equipped
    BANNED
    from San Jose

Ok, but did any of you notice the dual drag links??? I did see this car in person at Pebble Beach,, and was really let down,,

25. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like it, but think that the windshield posts should have been smooth instead of going around the rivets like it did. for a theme car it does its job, and overall I think Foose's head did a good job building the car...I'd just rather see his hands do it.

26. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I've seen the car on many occasions the last year or so (GNRS 07/08 Paso etc), I think this thing rules.
    I dig it

27. Magnus

Magnus
    from Sweden

Done before but much better imho. Check out the link and under "handicraft". As I remembered the interior was spectacular. Doc made this at least 10-12 years ago
    http://www.docforest.com/english.htm

28. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

As an artist, illustrator and a designer (for over 40 years I might add), I cannot understand the concept here...does the car look like a P-40..??? Not even close. A nose cone does not equate to a prob job aircraft, nor does the cut down windshield and "side windows", the "scoop" or the engine side panels..

The overall look then falls back on the "designer"...it appears to me that Mr. Foose simple got tired of dealing with it and said "Close enuff for me."

Mr Foose is a great designer as we all know...and prolly a great guy (from what I've heard)...but to "start" a project like this...and fail to follow thru with all the elements, designed tightly into one package just doesn't compute with me. I guess it's one of those "love it" or "hate it" concepts.

R-

29. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

i dig it, it has a back seat betty feel to it, and i love the P-40's. with that said how many of us would try to shoehorn a V12 Ford in a deuce roadster. thats pretty kool if you ask me, and you could look at it for hours and try to catch little details that he did.

30. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

I like the looks for the most part...needs a prop to make the nose cone functional:rolleyes: