Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chickasha swap meet 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ryno, Oct 18, 2012.

1. ryno

ryno

Did a search and could not find anything about this weekends swap meet.
    Is it worth driving 4 hrs too?
    Chichasha ok

2. papastrk

papastrk

Like all swap meets, you drive your miles and take your chances on finding what you are looking for. The Thursday vendors were a fairly small group. They just don't seem to have the large numbers as in the past. Friday and Saturday should be better though. Again, you take your chances.

3. flathead okie

flathead okie

I drive 2.5 every yr.

4. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

This used to be a great swap meet a few years back, never ever missed it, seems like ever since it moved to the open field the numbers have been really down, the last two times i have been ,i said most likely wont come back anymore, so i am not going this year , i wish it would make a comeback.

5. wideglidejoe

wideglidejoe

My father-in-law drove down there today from Tulsa (Broken Arrow). He got there at 0830 and said the vendor spots were about 20% filled and only about 60 cars in the paid parking area.

He left for home at 1:30 and said it was about 1/3 full, but that vendors were still pulling in when he left, so maybe tomorrow & Sat will be better.

However, he did find some nice Model A headlights and some tail light parts he needed.

He said attendance was good when it was Fri/Sat/Sun, but that since they changed it to Thurs/Fri/Sat and onto the grounds adjacent to the fairgrounds that it hasn't been as big as in the past.

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

7. aircap

aircap

Just the two, I think.
    The pre-War stuff is the big one that brings in the Leno's, and so on.

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

It's probably one of the best ones in Ok... Supulpa is good too... I used to drive it every year. Less and less old cool stuff though!

9. yruhot

yruhot

Drove out there for the first time with an old timer friend of mine from Vegas. Like 13 hours I believe straight through. whew. Wasn't as big as I let on to believe but a lot of cool stuff and got to get out of vegas.lol. Got stuck in a winter blizzard in New Mexico on Hiway 40 and spent the night in Albuquerque,Nm. But was cool pre war stuff. Got a lot of stuff for a model A project I was working on. my friend is unable to travel these days so we haven't been back. Yruhot.......doug....would like to check it out again............after day two though I felt like I needed a tetnius shot though.lol

10. oldiron63

oldiron63

There are (3) Swap Meets. Fall Meet in October and Spring in May are put on by the same club. The Pre-War Meet is in March and put on by the Erslunds.