Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chicago customs where do you hang out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Mar 31, 2011.

1. SLCK64

SLCK64

Cool, mine will be a daily.(well mostly daily, as I drive 2 hours round trip for work and Im sure Ill eventually get sick of filling up every day lol) Ill see ya there!

2. corncatcher

corncatcher
    from chicago

me and a few friends go to strats on north ave in villa park its a diner with great food and great guys, the owner is a vette and harley restorer and rider! yeah you get the import shit and my friends bring in jeeps and lifted trucks, but its still fun, arrive before 9 for a good spot and it usually goes till 2. you guys should head down there! alot of people go there and just hangout, but theres alot that go and then go street race in elk grove or chicago haha! only thing is theres a pretty sharp driveway to get in, my stock 86 mustang 5.0 scrapes but you should clear at a angle, if not park across the street in the auto parts store lot, they don't care!

3. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I completely forgot about HRCC on Friday, I was in the shop working on my car!. Please give us a heads up next time HRCC has the event.

4. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

3rd Friday of every month Doctor Detroit. August 19th will be the next one.

5. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

perhaps hit the open house on the way over to the Relix Riot in MI!?
    sounds like a plan to me!!!

6. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

This Tuesday night is National Night Out as sponsored by law enforcement across the country. There is a show from 5 PM til 9 or so by Taft High School in Norwood Park, Nagle Bryn Mawr area. Supposed to be a good event, mixed bag of cars but hey it's a good cause.

7. Duke's was GREAT this Saturday night. A bunch (7-8) of Northsiders, all guys I know, drove their 9 and 10 sec. street-legal cars down, (23miles). Couple of FED. A couple straight-axle gassers. Some of the Chicago Wiseguys were there, too. I haven't been there in 8-10 years. I forgot they were having a "race car night", but just happened to be driving up Harlem and saw it all. Mostly OT here, but, very cool. The northside guys all pulled in together and parked as a group. Even Joe Kaput was there with his Monte Carlo. There was a crazy-looking Austin- Healey with super wide rear meats on it. It felt like the 60's at 95th and Cicero again.
    Here's their web site: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmBq6QJr7BE

8. Yeah I wanted to swing by Dukes but was in Michigan.

9. Django

Django
    from Chicago

10. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Besides it's all yuppie caca that hoot and howls as soon as they get beer in their system.

11. Blades, there will be 3 or 4 of us at the fest on Roscoe FYI.

12. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

When is it? I'll have to walk over since a certain car that I own is fighting me the whole way and isn't running.

13. We load in our cars around noon on Saturday. I'm planning to show until early evening/ dark/ boredom. :)

14. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Have you been to this event with a car? I may be interested in going to this. I just don't want to have to give any face massages to any beered yups.

15. I visited this event last year when Alex (godspeedbrokenpress) showed his car. Didn't seem too scary but I'll be sure to hover. :)

16. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I'm in, let me know where to meet up with you so we can all roll in together. Worst case, just bail on the event.

17. okay i'll get that info to you in pm's on this board. Sounds good!

18. Frank, PM'd you info.

19. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Wanna roll Chi Town?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  20. Hello sir, yes I do.

21. michev

michev

I've been all over.

22. Cub8556

Cub8556

Anyone know what happened to the Homer glen show? Went out that way and no cars were there ??

23. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Hoping people in the Chicagoland area will want to support a show out in Woodstock - yeah - I know it is WAAAAY off in the future - but make plans now to attend the first weekend in Oct 2012[​IMG]

24. Sounds like fun, I'll try next year.

I hear the Berwyn car show is this weekend, I cannot go.

25. michev

michev

They moved it to 134th and Bell road,they has some issues with Sears.

26. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Not that far. I'm game

27. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Hit the Brauerhouse in Lombard last night. Probably the BEST cruise night around for traditional cars. Plus my band is playing there Sept 9 with Three Bad Jacks. :D

28. Moved to the church on the west side of Bell road at around 139th . Long story about the move. New location is supposed to be able to handle over 500 cars and has a number of other pluses . Well be up there tomorrow night..

29. Cub8556

Cub8556

Maybe I'll see you guys up there, depending how long it takes me to get out from the air and water show. Sears parking lot was nice because of all the food. Maybe some venders will visit the new location :D

30. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

How was it Larry?