Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chicago customs where do you hang out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Mar 31, 2011.

1. It was 39F on the drive in today. Can't believe it.

2. Hey John,
    Monday night Cruise nights start (May 30) at Da'Nali's 4032 w Oakton, Skokie, il.
    847-433-2400
    They're not too big, but interesting mix of muscle, and customs-rods.

A BIG one is at Paul's Pizza 31st and Wolf rd. in Westchester. Monday nights, starting May 9th.
    Lots of rods and customs there, even a "Dragula" coffin-car. Paul is the mayor, and we used to be able to do rolling burn-out exits up the driveway, until the looky-loos got stupid and started walking too close and idiots doing burn-outs in the street.

Our club, the Chicago Gearheads, has a car blessing, with a priest AND a rabbi, (not the start of a joke, although they do have a sort of comedy routine between them), on May 22nd at Bunker Hill Woods, (approximately 6800 N. on Caldwell),if you'd like to join us at 9am for a nice morning with donuts and coffee.
    We get about 50 cars out. It MIGHT warm up by then.

We also have our spring dust-off there on June 1st at 5pm. Free food and pop.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  3. Where is Westchester lol.

4. sent you PM, John

5. By the way, any of you guys are invited. PM me for my cell# if you are interested.
    Our club hosts and participates in dozens of events every year, including a few club race-days at Da'Grove, and winter garage tours.

6. Got your PM.

I hope I hit GLD a lot more this year, it's a easy drive. I won't make passes in the Merc but I can spectate and maybe run an OT car.

7. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Blades, The 11th of June is the Hunnert Car Heads Up, nostalgia drag racing event held at the "Grove" by the Czars. My ride can't participate, OnnacountaIgottashineysteerinwheel, and analuminumpulleyortwounderdahood, haha, but I still go watch.

www.hunnertcarpileup.com/hunnert-car-heads-up

8. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Hey John, I'll make a pass with you and the Merc, I just got the truck weighed, crickeys, shes a fatass.

9. I like making passes (I've gone all the way down to 9.40 in a past car), but I don't think I can convince myself to make a pass in my shiny Mercury.

10. What kind of stuff are you running that you cant race at the heads up? Unlike the pile up, They are primarily concerned with the outward apperince of the cars racing, not small details that would be eye sore at a car show. Maybe you should check wuth the czars if your realy interested in running. I realy dont think the rules are as strictly enforced as the pileup, so long as you can pass tech that is.

11. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

The truck passed NHRA tech in the fall. Made a few un tuned passes.

It's a given.

12. 51rat

51rat

I don't think anyone mentioned Frankfort on Thursday nights. That is the best crusin I know of.
    The first Wednesday of the month, Kankakee has a Cruse in at the depot. It is small. I like both of these.
    Reid

13. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Yeah Frank, unlike the Pileup, the Heads Up doesn't have the criteria beyond '65 and older and that it pass tech to race. We want to see EVERYONE who is able to get on the track, make some passes and have FUN. However, we MAY give you a hard time if you have a billet steering wheel. :D

14. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I left the real stuff for those who need them.:D

I never realized just how short a season we get to go and play with our toys, dang.

15. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Ah, but now they repop the steering wheels too. Just think how good a new '40 Deluxe steering wheel from Juliano's would look with your new whitewalls? :D I've got their '39 wheel (to GM column) in my coupe.

Had the wagon out for the first time yesterday, to visit the in-laws.

16. Yeah I have a bit of a billet problem when it comes to my dash and steering wheel.

17. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I'm pretty sure that this is what I have, a Banjo from Julianno's a GM Tilt column but set up for a matic so the wife can drive it, she had troubles with her foot placement, she can run a stick but she kept playing footsie tangle when going to the brake. I shit my pants too many times watching her stomp around there so I opted for the Column linked matic. I know less traditional but it keeps me sane and the deal is that I can do anything I want or have almost any toy I want but she gets to romp around in it too.

18. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Subscribed. My car isn't road worthy yet, but I hope it will be sometime in July. I'm in the Chicago west suburbs.

19. Hellfish

Hellfish

The Voodoo Kings' Cruise Night starts up next Saturday (May 7) and runs every Saturday all summer long, usually into October.

20. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Joe, do you have a link or some more info about the Voodoo Kings Cruise. Thanks, Frank

21. Buona Beer in Arlington Heights right?

22. Its actualy in Itasca, on Arlington Hights road just north of Thorndale.

23. Brauerhouse on Route 53 and North and in Lombard is trying to start a cruse night thursdays. Here is a flyer I picked up there last week.

Attached Files:

24. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I was gonna go out for a bit tonight, looks like the rains are going to happen though. My luck it will hail hard. Dang it, I have a Jones for cruising brothers. I wanted to see the old girl in her night lights, haven't had her out yet with the lights on. Bet the lights are aiming at the second floor windows, oops. Gonna be like my first christmas eve.

25. I kinda delayed myself. When I bought some vent windows for my car, I didn't buy all the parts. So I'm probably look at a week and a half and then I'm done.

I won't be touching anything else cosmetic and I'll do some mechanical and suspension stuff myself since I know how to do that kinda stuff.

26. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Everyone is invited to our annual picnic, the Czar-B-Que on May 15. Just rsvp so we know how much food to order.

[​IMG]

Also, Thursday is the Big C anniversary show. I'm taking the '55.

I like the Brauerhouse. Our band will be playing there sometime this summer I think.

27. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Getting nicer, still toying with the stinking rains but it's getting closer to summer.

28. I'll try to swing by the Czar-B-Q to check out the rides but I'm booked, dad is in town from NJ.

29. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Bring him along John.

30. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Man I want to get this cruise thing going, but I'm having a problem transporting my motor to my garage, not to mention a lack of help in installing. Worste part is that the motor is on Lincoln and Irving and I'm only on Lincoln and Lawrence. Ughhh the little things! Car is ready to recieve it. F**K!
    I can't get in Hunnert either since I now have chrome on my motor... daring to be taboo. I'll park outside, no prob... if only I could get that damn motor and trans in.