Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chicago customs where do you hang out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Blades:

If you put somethin together make sure you post it up on the Los Boulevardos website so our Chi-guys can make it out.

www.losboulevardos.com

2. When I first moved to Chicago full time, I eventually spent time hanging out at night at places like Clybourn, Elston, Amphitheatre, Lincoln Village movie theatre lot, basically scenes that were more about street racing. But also went to Flukey's in Niles and on a rare occasion went to Duke's a few times. This for me was '90 to the late 90's.

Personally I'm real open to meeting not on Friday's and Saturdays, but like Wednesday nights or something like that. We could try different nights and avoid traffic for example. I'd love to meet up like at Autozone, drive Irving to LSD, and then LSD down to where ever... Maybe even drive back up Clark by the bars to create a bit of stir.

Sounds like there might be a lot of cools cars out around!

I think staying in one lot in the beginning might be hard, and every week might be tricky cuz some weeks it might be light... maybe play it all by ear.

We all running mufflers? :)

3. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

I've been spending a lot of time in Chicago and I think I'll bring my roadster or another car down here sometime this summer. It would be great to have some cool events to go to in town. I am in the Wicker Park/Bucktown area.

4. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I went to Flukeys about 20 times in the late 90's the Niles cops eventually shut it down. The kids start racing moms mini van down Milwaukee Av. and they all have to squeal and squeak their tires, BFD in the Neon.
    The problem is that if you try to get a spot going it attracts all of the idiots, that's why this Guerilla cruise thing that Blades does is a good idea.
    In this day and age we can get the word out in like 10 minutes.
    I could never end up at that place in Skokie on the right night, someone told me it was a mid week gig.

5. Well we could keep track of who's interested and see where we all live.

I dig the guerilla approach for sure.

Back in the day, screwing around on Milwaukee was a bad idea as the cops knew that they could wait down a half mile by the cemetery and catch some of us racing from a light. I got one of those tickets. Flukey's was a PITA to get to I think it was Friday nights, all the spots in the lot were taken by 5:30pm.

6. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Anyone who wants in should join the Chicago Cruisers that Blades set up. If anyone has a cruise just post it there. That club will be easy to find in the long run, this thread may slide away at some point. Any shows swaps etc as we just can't seem to get a lot of good communication for our area, we can post that on there too.
    I'm excited, the grass is turning green.

7. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

8. deadtome

deadtome
    from Chicago

I know a lot of you have been hating on superdawg but I've cruised up a bit later in the evening like 9 on a friday or during the week with a few other cars and it's pretty dead, we parked hung out had a shake tipped the waitress and nobody was rushing us out of there. I know back in the day it got crazy but not these days.

I'm always down for some guerilla shit! I live around Belmont and Cali

9. I liked that idea of meeting up and then going to Lawrence's Fish House. Was that place covered by Anthony Bourdain? I like the spectacle of having a traveling show. :)

10. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Not really hating on the Dawg, just know the scene fairly well there.
    Dawgs was never a pop your hood and hang out joint, they would always and still will go nuts there if you hang out or pop a hood. Just the way it is, not necessarily a bad thing, just should be known so you don't incur the wrath. I think it's a national land mark, neat place just not a good cruise spot for a large group of cars to haul up to.

11. No biggie if they don't encourage hanging out and are worried that we are taking up a bunch of spots.

Man I don't have my car back yet, this thread is getting me all pumped!!

That Falcon is cool, I've never seen you out with it and I'm at Addison and Western. I had a '60 Falcon in the 90's shoulda kept it.

12. deadtome

deadtome
    from Chicago

Thanks, I'm planning on baggin it in the next few months, been savin my pennies all year. I had it out quite a bit last year but just cruising didn't make it to to many shows. I noticed you mentioned that bank parking lot show they use to have at damen and irving, I drove by that show a few years ago and thought that was a tiny lot to have a car show.

I'm down for whatever kinda cruise, it was fun to take over lakeshore drive and Michigan ave last fall, always thought it would be cool to cruise upper wacker drive too. The way I feel about it is we just need a meet up spot and a final destination.

13. Yeah that lot was tiny.

Shall we try for something in a couple of weeks?

If we stick to LSD then we can drive <55mph. :)

14. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

"If we stick to LSD then we can drive <55mph. "

John; No offense, but when some guys read that (especially if they don't know Lake Shore Drive) it might sound a bit drug induced. Ha ha. Stu

15. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Taking LSD would be a trip instead of a cruise! Been there, been there....

16. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Sounds like a good crowd here. I wish my car had a motor. Damn!

17. Are you talking about lawrance's fisheries on south canal street? Its not the place bourdain went to, but thay have a big parking lot. I work right up the street from that place. I sure wouldnt want to be there with anything nice when the bar hopping crowd starts showing up.

18. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

What? Where's your motor? How are you gonna go Guerilla without a motor?:confused: You're gonna hafta be the shot gun navigator.:D

19. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Motor was pulled on Sunday. Rebuilding a bigger, newer motor with a nice C4 trans.
    That's the place. Been going there since I was in my moms belly. :)

20. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Blades is trying to put a gig together for June 13 & 14, He wants to know who would be in.

21. kzeliminator

kzeliminator
    from chicago

I would love too, I haven't received my title yet, no register, no drive

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

22. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Yes, who wants in? The more the merrier. I'm thinking it should be good weather by then.

23. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

WTF has happened to the weather here? Lord fancy Moses I'm freezing my Chalupas off. I took the little piggy for a ride on Sunday, it was brisk but sorta nice, I like rolling with the front windshield up.
    Why are you going for a Mon Tues night thing Blades? Do you work weekends?
    It's OK but just a bit of an odd day. Be nice to get something going earlier too. I spent 4 years and 100's of six packs building my thing, got to get it rolling around a bit.

24. I'm down for June, how about May? Assuming it gets warmer. :)

25. Django

Django
    from Chicago

The Forest Park cruise night will be back, the 2nd and 4th Tues from June-Aug.

26. Where is Forest Park, it is just West of Oak Park?

27. Forest Park is just west of Oak park. The cruse is on Madison ave, between Circle and Desplains.

28. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I'm in for the Forest Park Gig. Can you guys post up some info on where and when on the Chicago Cruisers social club, thanks.

29. Here is a flyer i found. I cant figure out how to post pics on the social club, or I would put it there.

Attached Files:

30. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Ughh You're right. I was looking at the wrong month. The 11th or 12th is what I should've said.
    I just don't feel like I'm making enough progress with my motor. I need a good 2 full days. I want to cruise!!!