Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chicago customs where do you hang out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Mar 31, 2011.

1. michev

michev

Let me know where you guys will be and I'll try and meet up.

2. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

If you guys get any info on any shows cruises or events let's post it on the Chicago Land HAMB under the community social clubs. My old Girl is all stickered tagged and ready to roll.

3. Roscoe Village Fest has a small car show, Godspeedbrokenpress had his car there last year. There used to be a show over by Irving/Lincoln/Damen, used to be in the bank parking lot, I don't know much about that one I've seen it a few times in the past. I think there used to be a weekly car show by the McD's on Higgins getting towards the airport. Maybe Higgins and River Road?

4. indyjps

indyjps

You should be able to reserve a pavillion in most city parks for "cookouts" they should understand people have to drive to a cookout, your group just happens to be bringing their Hot Rods

5. kzeliminator

kzeliminator
    from chicago

the scene has seriously dried up, stay the hell away from superdawg, I like the meet at bunker idea

6. Django

Django
    from Chicago

The Big C Jamboree is still the first thursday of every month. My band hosted last month. May will be the 20th anniversary too, so there is a big shindig planned. The summer months will see some cars show up, but not as many as there used to be. Parking is a little better since the lot went to a pay lot, but if you get there after 9, it's going to be tough. http://www.bigcjam.com

7. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Here are pics I promised of us cruising here in on the NW side. The last one we did was Nov 17th, but they come up randomly. There were more cars then I was able to get pictures of.

Attached Files:

8. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

9. That 2nd pic, is that the new Autozone parking lot by Addison? I've seen one of those cars before around here, the rest I have never seen.

I'm in!

10. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

You have to buy a permit for a pavilion. Nah! Bunker hill is a nice grove not a lot of cars, plenty of spots, not too close to homes, plenty of space so as not to PO the pavilion people. Bunker is on Caldwell just past Devon about 4 blocks.
    The grove next to me is Indian Woods. Nice big lot but we would have to be citizens about it. The homes are close to it and there's a few coppers in the hood.
    That's a good looking group of cars Blades, where did this Guerilla activity occur? Trying to get a location but not recognizing the place.

11. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Exactly... Addison and Western! :D I live at Montrose and Oakley Work at Belmont and Western

12. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Started at Addison and Western, headed north, then to Lake Shore onto Michigan Ave (had the tourists going nuts), then ended up at Lawrence Fish house on 22nd. Man even the cops came to take pictures. It was a blast

13. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

14. I used to live at Montrose and Campbell but did not have the Mercury then. There was a guy near the Aldi's who had a 4 door '55 Chevy. Also if you look in the gas station at Montrose one of the guys who works there is fixing up a '62 Chevy.

That cruise sounds good.

15. artandmaureen

artandmaureen

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

When did they put an AutoZone at Addison & Western??

We used to do the annual Czar-B-Q at Busse Woods. Great place, but you do need to rent a pavilion months in advance.

SuperDawg has no problem with cruise night activity ...when it's OFF season, like Oct/Nov. We used to do it all the time when it was chilly. When it's nice out, they want customers, not some cars parking all night taking up all the spots in a small lot and not buying much.

17. The Autozone is new, it's where the Checkers used to be (Checkers had been close for 7-10 years).

18. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

The Dawg does not want us, eat and get out. They're the ones who called the cops on us in the late 80"s. It's for helpless romantics with mini vans and car seats not cruisers. You get a better dog at home depot.
    They put that Auto Zone in fast. You ever eat at that sub place on the corner? Still my favorite, I used to cut English class and sneak in the back of class with a mixed cold cut every day.

19. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

That went in in June of 2010... Hey Joe, the funny thing is that they started tearing down the Checkers like the second week of June and the Auto zone was opened for busines like the the second week of August. Like madman, they worked!! :eek:

20. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Bob-O-Rinos is the shit!

21. I get subs from Hero's frequently, went there 2x in the last 7 days actually. One time I met Bill Wildt's (sp?) who had that cable show in there eating a sub.

Anyone know the chick who has that 50's desoto by Bell School, she supposedly works at Strange Cargo? The car was street parked a bit last summer. The car is not all stock, has some kulture type stuff in it...

22. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Right Hero's. I was wrong that's the name of the place.
    I think that chicks name is Karen Is it a gray one with red?

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

I forget her name, but I think she used to own her own shop on Lincoln... Wacky Cats, IIRC

24. If I see her car on the street, I'll leave her a note unless one of you guys knows her.

25. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I remember she had her car at HRCC before I became involved. Don't remember her name though.

26. Francisco,
    You're talkin' about Hero's subs. Good sangwiches.

Pro Stock, We have to meet up sometime. I live on Addison, near Cicero ave.
    Johnny Cox and some of the other Chicago Gearheads club members have been trying to get a steady deal going for years. We've tried the AutoZone on Devon, near Lincoln; the Mr Beef on Higgins; I think the most recent is Poochies at 3830 W. Dempster in Skokie. Nothing seems to last long or draw a big crowd on a regular basis, though.

27. Rem

Rem

Well, you've all lost me there, although I recognise Busse and Addison, and will be working just off Devon! I'm only there for a week or two anyway.

Django/Hellfish, do you still have open Thursday nights? On the website it mentioned 3rd Fridays as well?

Thanks, Andy

28. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Andy, it's only the 3rd Friday at the shop now.

29. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

I created the "Chicagoland Hamb", but if it's possible, I would glady let someone run it some way (if that's even possible) that is more active than me at the moment. My cars are all projects, so I have nothing traditional "running", but since I'm from Chicago (NW Side), I'll help anyway I can...

30. Rem

Rem

Thanks, I'll try and pop down on the 15th.