Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Chicago customs where do you hang out?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pro Stock John, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

YES to talking on Mon or Tues! Let's talk! Also we should organise a caravan to Torque Fest III and Iron Invasion in Woodstock! That'll be rad!!!! :D OHhhhhh Im getting excited!

2. von zipper

von zipper

To the invasion would be cool! If ya went back roads! Rt20,72, etc

3. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

I'm in for the Invasion... I'd love to go to Torque Fest too.

4. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

I'm totally in for the Iron Invasion

Sent from my iPhone 4 using TJJ

5. Blades I will give you a call tomorrow in the late afternoon.

6. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I'd be in for a toy drive but I think we should do it earlier because of salt and because the bikers have their day and we should respect them and do our own thing. Maybe we could even do a food drive or something so as not to steal any of their thunder. There has to be one of the local food drive organizations that we could offer to help. I'm sure they would really appreciate it. We may even be able to focus it towards Thanksgiving and do it early to Mid November.

The Chicagoland Hot Rod Turkey Roundup Cruise.

7. Hellfish

Hellfish

Salt washes off.

I'm pretty sure that the biker/official Toys for Tots parade was on the 4th, and I think they have police support to help with intersections, etc. That's something else to consider.

8. We could come in at the tail end of the biker part, I did and it was pretty empty.

9. I loved that huge rain we just had! I hope it does not snow by the weekend, cuz I'm going for a big drive!!!!!!

10. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Wouldn't you think a Chrome Czar would know what salt does to Chrome? :rolleyes::D

11. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Weather will be nice Friday and the roads salt-free, so break out the car and drive to the HRCC holiday party! :D

12. Hey Chad I'll be flying back from Newark on Friday and will try...

13. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Guerilla cruise it. We no need no stinkies badges.

14. I flew back from Newark, got home, changed, fired up the Merc, and drove out to Addison. HRCC had a good Xmas Party, got to talk to Chad. I sorta recognized a few folks that were walking around. On the way home I went for a huge cruise, man it might have been 2.5 hours LOL.

And I woke up to snow. Might be parked for the winter sigh.

15. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

That's not bad considering it's a week before the Christmas. It'll be warm again soon. Maybe March 15 or so.

16. I drove it twice this weekend, and today it was already 46F out at 7AM. Lovin' it!

17. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

For those who are interested in doing a toy or turkey thing for 2012.... John, Frank, and I are meeting at Pete's Pizza on Thursday December 29th at 7:30pm to discuss. Pete's is located at 3737 N Western in Chicago. Same place it's been for the last 60 years

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  18. Any way we can push this out a week. I'm a doosh. :)

19. I could make it next week, too.

20. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Okay, looks like next week. I gave Frank a buzz and we're good for next week

21. Thanks guys, the honey-do list for NYE has been growing.

Anyone ever been to Crabby Kims? I have not, would that be too lecherous? :)

22. Quarter Pound

Quarter Pound

What’s up guys, I’ve been here on the HAMB for a few months now mainly checking out the classifieds looking for something interesting to turn into a street rod. This is my first time checking out the message boards and came across this thread and wanted to let you guys know that my car club has been doing a few cruise nights for the last two years on the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> Saturday in July, August, and September at Big Boy Gyros on Western & Addison. I think I have seen Blades and his guys drive by on several occasions, but can’t seem to get you guys to stop in. Big Boy has a small parking lot but the owner Jimmy is a good guy and gives out trophies to his favorite 4 cars. There is no entry fee, we have 50’s, 60’s, & 70’s music playing and a 50/50 raffle. The club gets one half of the 50/50 for running the show. Oh, I have been to Crabby Kim’s (he is always crabby) he is also my brother Joe’s father-in-law. Joe is also the guy to contact for info about the cruise nights and car shows we do during the summer, this year 2012 we will be doing the 1<SUP>st</SUP> Saturday at Big Boy. You can check us out at:
    http://Riverviewcruisers.com
    http://Riverviewcruisers.ning.com
    http://Cruisenightsinthecity.ning.com

23. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

I think we should do this as a solid start.
    We should organize a breakfast on a Sunday morning each month year round and or an evening get together.
    The locations of these GTG's would be various as to give convenience to every one. The group would for the time being be the Chicago Cruisers, per the social club that has already been established on the board.
    Anyone may attend the more the merrier, membership is loose, just as easy as pie, want to participate, great, not, see ya when you can, not a problem we'll keep a beer cold for you. We would post here and the chicago cruiser social club board and any other place that may be kind to us.
    If we are having our first gathering let's please post up the address and time again so we can avoid confusion. Spouses kids and all are always welcome.

24. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

You're gonna hate me Frank, but I cant do Sundays.... Church.

25. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Yes, i have seen you's. It sounds pretty cool. I didnt stop because i was always in a hurry or something. Sometimes I rolled next to a pink 62 Catalina or blue 62 Falcon. Thanks for the info.

26. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

A Sunday morning once a month and or an evening get together.

27. I had not noticed a car show going on in that parking lot but I'll put it in my calender, I live very close to there.

I'm up for a monthly meet, weeknight or whatever. I'm one of those guys who really can't make the suburban stuff during the week like Lombard, Elmhurst etc...

This year I went to the Roscoe Village fest had my car there, and despite the rain I went to the Vienna Beef deal too. At the latter I ran into 3-4 old friends which was pretty cool.

28. Quite salty out there now.

I'm in for thursday I'll tell some other guys I know.

29. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Evenings may be good

30. OK, John. Are we on for tonight? where? What time?