Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

Chevy Chevrolet 235 engine Stovebolt with 1953 1954 Corvette Side Draft set up

Discussion in 'Parts For Sale' started by Dmf111062, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Dmf111062

Dmf111062

City: Mount Airy

State: Maryland
    Price: 1500
    This set up is on the auction site currently. However since I reserve the right to sell locally, I thought I would list here as well. I reduced price because this is the HAMB.

For sale is a complete 235 Chevrolet Blue Flame Six Cylinder motor with a corvette side draft intake. It is a longer posting but please read thoroughly so you know what you are buying. If you have questions, I will gladly answer them. If you wish to discuss directly just provide a call number and I will ring you.

[​IMG]

Background
    I acquired the 235 from a friend who removed it from a 1957 Chevrolet 2 door sedan. He is installing a V8. My intent was to run this motor in a hot rod 1957 station wagon. However I ran into clearance difficulties with the master cylinder and abandoned the project. I eventually sold the wagon and acquired a 1955 Nomad which has a currently installed V8. I dont have a use for the 235 at this time.

Specifications
    This motor is an original Powerglide motor and has hydraulic lifters. It is NOT a motor originally out of an early corvette. It came from a 1957 Chevrolet 2 door sedan with a Powerglide.

Scope of Refurbishment
    This motor ran when acquired. I cleaned the exterior and removed all parts such as generator, distributor etc and cleaned them. I removed the oil pan and oil pump and cleaned out any oil residue or sludge. I cleaned the oil pick up. I removed the head and checked the cylinders which looked fine. I inspected the head. I removed the cam and cleaned the push-rods and lifters and the lifter bores. The lifters, cam and pushrods where indexed so they were installed exactly as removed. The fuel pump was cleaned.

I did not replace the main or rod bearings.

The exhaust manifold had a broken ear fixed with Permatex cold-weld which I have used previously and seems to hold up well. (Note the studs on the exhaust manifold that go through the Corvette intake manifold will need replacement with studs 1/2 inch longer due to the differences between the corvette and stock intake).

I cleaned the block thoroughly and painted with POR15 engine enamel. The oil pan and valve cover were painted with a high temp spray enamel. Brackets were sandblasted and primed and painted. The engine was painted a lighter shade of blue than factory. Its closer to Chrysler blue and was a matter of preference.

Valves were set cold for start up. A complete new gasket kit was installed. Plugs were sandblasted inspected and reinstalled. Spark plug wires are original to my acquisition of the motor. Distributor has points.

[​IMG]

The motor will require certain specifics to your install, including fabrication of fuel lines etc. I have included stock GM lines and fittings wherever possible.

The side draft set up is as acquired and will require refurbishment. The intake is original GM. It had an ear which was welded and is shown pictured (last). Excellent job and I simply dressed.

[​IMG]
    The carbs are Carter YH carbs sourced from a turbo Corvair application. They are correct visually and may be correct from a code set up but again my application was hot rod so numbers/codes weren't a priority. All three carbs are un-rebuilt and have electric chokes. I purchased them at the Corvair Ranch in Gettysburg PA and the parts guy and I hand selected them as they were among the best of his builders/cores. Carbs will need rebuild and kits are readily available. I do not have the corvette air cleaners or linkage. Also only two insulators are present and one was repaired. I suspect these are easily sourced.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What is Included
    • The refurbished 235 motor.
    • The 1953 1954 1955 Corvette side draft manifold with YH Carbs.
    • Factory intake with Rochester carb
    • Oil canister (with old rubber lines)
    • Original Rochester carb Air Cleaner
    • Miscellaneous hardware
    [​IMG]

Bonus

If you meet my price, I will include the original Powerglide transmission with the mounting plate and flex plate.

Transaction Terms and Conditions
    The Motor weighs 630 lbs. The Powerglide weighs about 240lbs. Total shipping weight is 900lbs estimated. Shipping is FOB (Fault of Buyer). In other words you must arrange. I will place motor on a pallet and provide appropriate strapping. I also have an engine hoist. If Powerglide is included will place on separate pallet. Cost of straps and tiedown hardware will be added to cost and will not exceed $75.00. Buyer must arrange shipping from my residential location. I am not able to deliver to a shipper due to medical restrictions as to travel and lifting. MUST SHIP FREIGHT.

Item is NOT guaranteed nor is returnable. Local pick up and inspection can be accomodated and is encouraged.

My engine stands DO NOT convey to buyer.

I dont ship internationally.

All questions are answered as promptly as possible.

This item must be paid for and clear before I will work with shipper. I will accept a USPS MO or valid cashiers check or will accept paypal. Recommend that you contact me to arrange shipment.
    Please exhibit patience on inquiries etc, as I am dealing with a serious medical situation requiring surgery, rest and meds. I am fatigued too often these days.

Summary
    This is a decent set up which would make your hotrod project different from the assortment of billet encrusted V8s at every cruise night. I think priced fairly also.
    Please make sure you are comfortable with item and my terms and conditions before placing a bid.

Many Thanks.

2. Dmf111062

Dmf111062