Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Chevy 216 / 235 2x1 Offy Intake & YF Carters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TagMan, Mar 24, 2018.

1. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

An older gentleman, a friend of mine, gave me the Offenhauser 2 x 1 intake manifold with the two Carter YF carbs pictured below. It's been sitting, covered up in his shop for 40- or 50-years, so even if the carbs are as good as he remembered, they'd still have to be rebuilt. I know nothing about the YF carbs - are they good to use on the stock 235 in my '37 Chevy coupe ? Worth rebuilding ?

Also, the friend that gave the parts to me is not well off and I'd like to pay him for them, if he'll accept it. Any idea what the assembly is worth ? Everything looks to be in excellent, used condition.

[​IMG]Chev 2x1 Offy by TagMan, on Flickr

Thanks,
    -Bob

raymay and chryslerfan55 like this.
  2. jeepsterhemi

jeepsterhemi

You have a very good friend.........spend some time talking with the gentleman..........

3. robert4005

robert4005

I’ve had good luck with the YF Carters in several 216/235s. They are a much better alternative to the original rottenchester.

4. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"You have a very good friend.........spend some time talking with the gentleman.........."

He's a great guy and tells me a lot about hot rodding in the 40's & 50's. He's like a older brother to me and I try to see him at least once a week.

jeepsterhemi likes this.

5. The manifold is worth 250 all day long easily!!

And the carbs even as clean cores should be 50-100 each

Nice set up

Even nicer friend !

6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great info, VANDENPLAS, thank you. I'll get him some cash - I'm sure he'll be shocked !

7. raymay

raymay

Nice score TagMan. If you can get the carbs working good, this might make a nice addition to your 37.
    Gee, we have been friends for years and I don't remember you giving me anything this nice.

8. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry, Ray but I'm not THAT old yet..........:D

raymay likes this.