Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chevrolet 1936?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikaelmtb, Mar 21, 2006.

1. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

I have a four door 1936 Chevy I bought some years ago, it´s a pretty easy puzzle that almost just needs to be assembled and painted. My own thoughts are chopping the top 4-6" and lower the car. I have searched the internet for inspiration, but cant really find any pictures of the model that I really like...

I cant really figure out if I should build the car, or see if I can sell it and buy a model A. Are there any HAMB´ers that has a cool 1936 Chevy they would like to show me? :)

BR
    Mikael

2. Slammed88

Slammed88
    from Canada

I had a hard time finding 4-Door pictures, but here are some ones of 2-Doors with the look you would like, maybe. Just to give you some ideas on paint, ride height, etc. Also, another cool idea would be to make it into a Sedan Delivery, or something like that. Just a thought.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Love those '36 GM bodies - click on the pic to see more of this one!

[​IMG]
    Hosted on Fotki

4. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Four doors should be restored!

I think all these street rods just lose that old car charm. And you can't really do a trad '36 fou door cos they were just beaters back then. Restore it or pass it on. Rod a Ford.
    Just my opinion of course!

5. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

I have had some of the same thoughts! And I would never build it like a street-rod but as I mentionend earlier as a mild hotrod, with only a lowering of the roof and the car itself and some other wheels.

I have also thought about building it in to a Sedan Delivery, but I am not sure what to do with the trunkback. I think it will be a difficult job to build in a "backdoor" as the deliverys have! Im probably gonna build the car this summer. (If I dont sell it) The frame is painted and rolling and the body and fenders needs to be fitted and painted. Then there is the wirering, and some new wood in the doors. But all rust is fixed.

I bought the car as my first hotrod project, because I fell in love with a chopped 37 Ford Tudor as a kid. But now I think its the model A tudor I really would like to hotrod!

I have attached a photoshopped picture of how I would like it.

Attached Files:

6. chopped

chopped

I've given up trying to post a pic of my 36 but. A four door would be a bear to chop. My 2 door is chopped 3 1/2 and unless your looking to do something wild that gives a good look. And you can still see out.

7. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

Can anyone tell me the value of a 1936 Chevy 4d compared to a 1930 model A 4d if they are in same condition?

Mikael

8. I would rather be different and build a model A because there is not that many model A's out there.

9. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

WTF?

10. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

:) HEhe... Not quite sure I get your point!

I have been offered a trade with a model A, but I dont know the condtion of those I can choose between yet! But will sure check it out!

Mikael

11. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

It sounds interesting, do you have a link? Or you could send the picture to my email and I will resize it so it can be uploaded here!

Mikael

12. I was being sarcastic, build the 36. The easy way out would be a model A.

13. Southfork

Southfork

Hey, Danska Drenge, ditch the '36 Chevy and get a Model A! I've had several of both during my lifetime, and the only '36 Chevy that ever really turned me on was a '36 coupe gasser. Every Model A that I've ever had has excited me, even the 4 doors.

14. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

HEJ JACK! LÆSER DU STADIG DANSKE AVISER!!??
    LIKE SOUTHFORK SAYS..YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPY ABOUT THE LOOK..
    AND TO CHOP THIS ONE IS ONE HELL OF A JOB.
    BETTER CHOP YOUR 48..I HAVE SOME COOL 48 CADDY PARTS FOR THE KUSTOM JOB..GRILLE, FENDERS, LIGHTS ETC LETS DO THAT NEXT VINTER!
    THE PIC IS A 36 SEDAN I TURNED INTO A COUPE 20 YEARS AGO
    SHIT I AM OLD!!
    PALLE
    MIKAEL..MEET YOU NEXT WEEKEND IN FREDERICIA??

Attached Files:

15. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

:) I´m afraid I´m heading the model A-way!! I like the 36, but I´m afraid it wont satisfy my urge for a chopped and channeld model A!

16. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

I have had my thoughts on a Model A the last two years, so if the trade seems fair then I' ll go the model A-way! :)

17. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

I am on the 48 kuztom plan, havent thought about the Caddy-grill but it can be coool!!! :D And of course I will go to Fredericia next week, cant wait to see your Merc!!!

18. Southfork

Southfork

19. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

20. Southfork

Southfork