Register now to get rid of these ads!

Check out what I traded my Bike for

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57wagon, Jul 26, 2004.

1. 57wagon

57wagon

I just traded my 91 softail, for this.... '24 Tall T

[​IMG]

I posted it on the Czar board and this is one rendition that Django came up with already...

[​IMG]

Anyone need some nice shiney billet wheels?? [​IMG] I already took them off!!! The motor has been dyno'd at almost 600HP. I may be going through a few pairs of cheater slicks with this thing.......

2. AHotRod

AHotRod

Well Cool !
    I like the reditiion too, shows potential.

AHotRod

3. [ QUOTE ]
    Well Cool !
    I like the reditiion too, shows potential.

AHotRod

[/ QUOTE ]

Add a '26/'27 style sunvisor and you're about there.

JH

4. burger

burger

Some guys dig Tall T's.

I am not one of them.

I think a chop that lines the side windows up with the stamped "windows" on the quarters really helps to make the T look less cartoonish. It looks like an easy chop, too.

Attached Files:

5. 57wagon

57wagon

I have been knocking around the idea of chopping and channeling it also.. I guess there are two "things" that may help make my mind up.

LEGROOM... this thing pretty much sit's like you are sitting in a chair... The gas and brake pedal are pretty much right below your feet.... We were toying with the idea of streaching out the body, chopping, and channeling the whole thing this winter...

The other Thing, is that you ( I ) really haven't seen any Tall T's around here, that haven't been chopped or channeled... I know that the goofy phonebooth look is probably the main reason why, but........ [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. burger

burger

Your new truck would look a lot better if it were channeled as well, mainly because it would raise the bed up on the cab, taking out a little more of the "tall" element.

Worried about leg room? Try the thinking man's channel -- step the front and rear.

Here's a pic of a truck similar to yours that has "the look". Notice the stepped frame, the raised bed, etc etc.

Good luck on your project; it has a lot of potential.

Attached Files:

7. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Looks good chopped ed!

8. whizzerick

whizzerick

Django, great job on the layout.

9. 57wagon

57wagon

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!! That layout hit it right on the head. It will be painted before the Cheater's Show!!

10. 600 hp!! I'm thinking that airdam/spoiler would help with gas mileage, I'd keep it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. 57wagon

57wagon

I already took off the wheelie bars... Whole bunch of swap meet stuff with this car [​IMG]

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

you didn't mention that it can do wheelies!!

I like Ed's suggestion... and that visor helps a lot, too

13. 57wagon

57wagon

I will show everyone at the hunnert,,,, I will just be driving by over and over again,

cuz magnet said I can't come in!!!!!!!! Unless of-course I put front fenders on it....

I like the idea about the visor too.

14. Django

Django
    from Chicago

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

15. Anderson

Anderson

When it gets chopped, lower the bottom edge of the window on the doors too. and channel it, and add that visor, and section the grill shell.

Attached Files:

16. Hey Steve, That's a wild ride for sure.

Django really can make anything look cool. Good luck with it.

Joel [​IMG]

17. Damn, what a difference.

18. burger

burger

Hey the Photochops just keep getting better! The addition of the visor really helps minimize the "box on wheels" look. I dig the raised bed too.

Ed

19. burger

burger

I would change the air cleaners too.

20. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

pull off the body and bed, slide on that casket & get your dragula on!

21. Barn-core

Barn-core

Channel, don't chop, and section the grill. Z the front and rear. Ditch the bed and mount a moon tank. Man I wish I had photoshop.

22. magnet

magnet

57wagoon

you are such a cheese head..

Nice score.. i love the tall t's... because they are so tall.. like me..

i have nev er seen a tall t not chopped in our area.. so i would not.. i repeat not chop it.. i would cry.

But i believe that a z'd frame would be quite right... and raise that bed up a tad.. taller tires in back... a visor.. Chilly von Django's paint scheme...

we need to make that koffin trailer into a cooler...

a smoke machine would also be cool :)

hahahahaha

we can put some temp front fenders on it so you can pass the pileup criteria :)

23. I personally like 'em left tall with a channel only. here is a pic of my '28...

24. 57wagon

57wagon

I believe that there will be some serious considerations over many many beers to determine the fate of this truck...

I wouldn't want to make you cry mangnet, so why don't I take the body off of this frame, and trade you for the coupe body in your garage.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I was thinking the same thing about the cooler trailer idea, and I have already been thinking about some nice PBR fenders for the front of it!!! Probably made out of the cardboard cases themselves... and some duct tape...

25. [ QUOTE ]
    I have already been thinking about some nice PBR fenders for the front of it!!! Probably made out of the cardboard cases themselves... and some duct tape...

[/ QUOTE ]

And then you can make one of them very cool hats too...you know the ones I'm talkin' 'bout. They took discarded PBR cans and cut them up and they crocheted them into a hat. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]