Register now to get rid of these ads!

Check out this pic...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Nocturnal, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Nocturnal

Nocturnal
    from CO

While I was home workin on my wifes car, my son and his gramps went to a car show... it started raining before they left the house and they still went.

Attached Files:

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Now those are real Hot Rodders and might I add a badass roadster.

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I'll bet they didn't shrink or disolve but had a memorable time together.

Frank

4. Nocturnal

Nocturnal
    from CO

Thank you much...after I built it, I knew it was time to sell my muscle car. And I never looked back.

5. Big Tony

Big Tony

Nice and its good to see em having a good time and not pissing thier pants cause their ride is getting a little mother nature on her and your right it will be memorable.

6. rustydeuce

rustydeuce

Can't wait to do that stuff with my son. Cool shots.

7. Chebby belair

Chebby belair
    from Australia

Your old man and your kid are pretty cool, youre a lucky guy.

8. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

Dedication...to having fun.

I love it.

9. Gator

Gator

Very cool. I've got a couple of car buddies that will stay home if it looks like it might rain.

10. Bornfree

Bornfree
    from UT

THAT IS SO SWEEEEEET! I also know way too many guys that have roofs on their cars, and if there is a hint of weather, they won't go anywhere. Thumbs up!! Great way to start your son off too.:D

11. Great stuff! Real roadster guys.

That's so cool; Gramps and the kid having fun together. That's one time they will both always remember.

Thanks for sharing that.

(I'm a Gramp myself.:D )

12. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

13. Bornfree

Bornfree
    from UT

I forgot to mention that I really dig that T! That is very nicely done!! What year is that?

14. another day in paradise! reminds me of the time I was in my T-bucket and it was raining so hard I could barely make out the face of a lady stopped next to me at a traffic light, she was shaking her head. I could see she felt bad about me sitting in the rain, I reached up and gave my manual wiper a few swipes ( there was as much rain on the inside as out) she busted out laughing so hard she was still sitting there cracking up when I pulled away.

I've driven every car (over 125) I've ever owned 12 months a year. heaters and wipers are a nice options, never owned a hot rod with air. but its starting to sound better every year

15. Bornfree

Bornfree
    from UT

That is cool NoName!:D

16. 47fordcoe

47fordcoe
    from San Diego

hard core!!!!!!!!:cool:

17. definetally hardcore...

18. flathead okie

flathead okie

When I had my t-bucket I drove it to a show about 150 miles away when the weather was Cold,(low 40's) we had on a pair of coveralls ea. and face mask, gloves, plus the wife had a thick quilt to cover her and our dog. When we arrived a few people asked if I would trade the T for thier car. Hell, NO WAY. had too much fun with that car.

19. Appleseed

Appleseed

Were does he buy his man pants? Some people take pride in themselves as having a car that was never rained on. Others gladly count how many times they have. I'd rather be an others.

20. Pops

Pops
    Member Emeritus
    from Tulsa

I'm really glad to see that shot. I've never seen a car (or people) melt yet. There are just too many cars that are sheltered, trailered, or pampered, even amoung traditionalist. I've never thought about keeping count of how many times I have been rained on, it just never has been an issue, if I'm going, I'm going!

J.

21. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

One more T-bucket story.My wife and I were on our way home from the GG's Indy and it started pouring rain..no top so all I could do was follow my buddies blue dots.The rain was coming down like pouring piss out of a boot,and the back wheels were throwing water in like crazy.Anyway a couple of wise asses pull up next to us and the passanger rolls down his window and said"hey nice car,where's the top".My wife looks up and with a grin holds up her middle finger and said "hey go f***yourself".Had a good laugh out of it.And she still tags along even when it's going to rain.Dave

22. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

I agree, Very Hardcore.

I would have done the same thing.

You must be proud.

23. Bornfree

Bornfree
    from UT

Thanks a gallon... Its a 25" and its all steel, except the nose. I bet it was throwing some killer rooster tails.

What part of UT you from???

24. Bornfree

Bornfree
    from UT

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bornfree
    I forgot to mention that I really dig that T! That is very nicely done!! What year is that?

Thanks a gallon... Its a 25' and its all steel, except the nose. I bet it was throwing some killer rooster tails.

What part of UT you from???

Not sure why this just showed up under "bornfree", that is wierd.

25. Rio Grande Valley Deuce

Rio Grande Valley Deuce

It's great to hear about three generations of family enjoying the hobby together!

Great photos. Thanks for posting.

RGV:D

26. Nocturnal

Nocturnal
    from CO

Duuude, every time I replied, it showed me as being "Bornfree", even on my loggin? Craaazy.

Anyways, I am glad you all like it and I hope to have more action shots in our other cars soon.

27. kornbinder

kornbinder
    from Sonora, CA

Sweeeet!! Way to go Gramps. Oh yeah, nice ride too.

28. bobw

bobw

My son & I take some of my grandsons to GG Des Moines each year. About 3 years ago we took two grandkids in our '27 Roadsters. Friday night we went to a movie & when we got out it had rained about a foot & was still raining heavily. We drove through rain as high as the curbs throwing giant rooster tails & everyone got soaked. They remember it as the best GoodGuys they've been to.

29. Bornfree

Bornfree
    from UT

30. Mutt

Mutt

That's what sets real Roadster Guys apart from the riff-raff....;)

Good on 'em......be sure to impress on the youngster that he's a REAL hot rodder.:)

Mutt