Register now to get rid of these ads!

check out these 1956 pics i got of a hot rod, recognize it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ray, Nov 18, 2006.

1. ray

ray
    from colorado

got these pics from a guy i work with, Art. a few shots from 56 of a couple of cars his dad owned at the time.

the hot rod is supposed to be based on a model A. could be. looks like maybe model A quarter panels and upper cowl, with a whole bunch of custom metalwork. lots of sports car infleunce, check out the tube frame. the story i got is that Arts dad got the car as a roller from some now unknown source, frame and body with no engine. he stuck in the 3/4 race flatty, ran it that way for a few years then pulled the flathead for a 331 hemi, but the project got aborted because the tube frame wasn't strong enough to support the "1000 pound" hemi. and then lost to history.

he says his pops said the car was on the cover of Hot Rod in the early 50's. i have very few HR's from that far back, so maybe some of you guys can check your collections, pretty distinctive car, would be hard to miss. the car was red.

the other pics are of the engine in the ol mans 49 olds. don't have any info on that car, but check out those Edmonds air filters!

hit up the photobucket page they are uploaded from for larger views! http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v618/hotrodray/Brodie%20cars/

Attached Files:

2. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

Thanks for the post, neat old rod..

CC

3. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Sure looks like the car at Detroit Autorama - I'll see if I can find a picture or two.

4. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

Maybe not but it looks similar

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. ray

ray
    from colorado

that car is WAY cool! is it a fresh build?

6. 39delux

39delux

Sports cars influenced many rod builders back then. It looks to have had a hood top at one time. Picture the front 3/4 shot with the hood on and the upper headlights gone. Beautiful. I don't recognize it but I'd sure like to see it found again.

Tom

7. 39delux

39delux

What's the Old in? Any info on those air cleaners?

8. ray

ray
    from colorado

a 49 olds. on the high res pics you can just barely see the edmonds logo cast in. i've never seen any like that before.

9. They are the Edmunds 4BBL oil bath air cleaners simular to the 2 BBL ones we reproduce (with a modern, real filter inside instead of the oil bath).

Dennis

10. 39delux

39delux

Thanks. I thought it might be an Olds. I grew up with a '53 88 2 door. That car could tell some stories if it was still around. Kewl air cleaners.

11. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Man, you gotta love old crispy photos from back in the day. Real interesting style car, shows there were some real different ways of buildin em' back in the day.

12. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

man.... I love me some Olds mills...