Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Check out Jay Lenos accident Last epposode/ Crash...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by blazedogs, Jun 24, 2016.

1. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

and he wears a extra pair of shorts.

2. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

No fun at all. I know.

3. I was on FB and said "old dude destroyed that car" and Bob responded and said no worries, I'll fix it again. at 80 he's still jammin

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

When a couple of us LSR guys (and gals) were talking to Jay's crew that we thought Jay should try a pass at Bonneville, there reply was they didn't want to lose their meal ticket. At least at Bonneville he would have been force to wear: a proper fire suit, arm restraints, HANS device, head sock, window nets, fire system.
    You're a lucky man Jay leno!

racer-x likes this.
  5. Broke rule number 1 never ever take your skid lid off. But it he lived to tell about it. ;)

6. I was taught after a race, never take your helmet off until you reach your pit stall. Anyone running up to your car after the feature is not there to tell you how great a race you ran. They start swinging, just lean your face away from the window and let them punch your helmet.

Speedwrench likes this.
  7. LOL

My little brother years ago got into an altercation with one of the local badboyz right after filling his bike with gas. He had his helmet on and turned his had just as the fella took a swing at him. It spun his helmet and he was jumping around blind trying to get his helmet off. Broke the other fellas hand and he was agonizing. I was laughing way too hardtop help either one of them. I wish I had it on video so I could look and reminisce.

clem and Speedwrench like this.
  8. man and that 69 only tail panel survived.....damn - they are hard to find and I could use another...oops.....

9. New television series for Jay ....

" Jay Leno Is A Dead Man "

Only one episode however ....

Jay returns from the track & tells wife Mavis of 36 years what happened ....

New television series for Mavis Leno ...

" Where Is Jay Today ? "

Jim

10. toml24

toml24

Newton's First Law (abbreviated): "....Heavy objects are much harder to move, and it is much harder to change their motion once they start moving." The moral of the story is whenever in a race car always use a full harness, full-face helmet with HANS Devise and keep your arms and hands in front of you at all times.

11. trivia: the story & roll-over footage made the CBS evening news, last night.

12. LOL it was on a day time talk show yesterday morning. A bunch of catty women were sure impressed with it. :rolleyes:

Actually they were doing OK until the driver tried to cut a cats ass. Maybe wheels stands is what the car does best.

13. mutant55

mutant55

Yep, glad they both walked away from that deal, no windows, no side bars on the cage, ='s Lucky in my book. To make things more ironic, Jay and I have a mutual friend, another stand up comic, he gave her a small block 68 Cuda that could be a replacement for that car, but she gave it to me years ago, it needed the front suspension rebuilt. I repaired it, and drove it for a long time and have since sold it, but those cars are hard to come by these days! Big Bummer!

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

flipping through channels this morning, Jay Leno's Garage on a lot today on CNBC, channel 208 on Dish Channel, showed episode with crash & rebuilt Hemi - Under Glass