Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cheaterama 10 My story.. pics inside

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Green49Ford, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

I am one of the OG members of the Cheaters and have been there since the first year. Our show grows more and more popular every year. We buy more pabst to give out to the attendies and spectators every year. I love this show. It is a shit ton of work to put on but at the end of the night, after we shake all of our old friends and new friends hands, we know that it is worth it. We pack the cars on the lot to get everyone close and it makes people actually want to talk to eachoter without any tough guy attitudes. I kow all who attended this year of years past have made friends by just showing up at the Nite Owl. Oh and if you want to take pictures of the cars you just may have to buy a good wide angle lense. Thanks to all who came!!! We had a bitchin time!!!
    Jack of the Cheaters... The one who was on the microphone!! Enjoy!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

Oh hell yeah.

Jack , thank you so much for your wide angle lens and your ever so evidently unbiased opinion.

It was rad to have a show where everyone and if they wanted to even thier families could have come and checked out some VERY nice tradional hot rods and customs.

Thanks once again to EVERYBODY.

Jerome

Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
  3. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

You guys are doing it!!!

bad ass... wish I could of been there...

4. great pics were in Milwaukee is that, lived in whitewater 20 years ago..........been long time since I have been north I think it is time to return to the great white north....

5. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Hey Jack, first time out at the show and let me say....had a blast!!!!!!! Saw a ton of kick ass rodz and kustoms!!!!!
    Thanks to all the Cheaters for puttin' on a great show. I'll be plannin' for next year!!!!

6. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

The pics that Mr. Jack has posted are on the south side of Milwaukee right across the street from General Mitchell Intl. Airport.

The location----- The Nite Owl , 830 East Layton Ave.

Reason Cheaterama X

Yes you should come up next year or whenever, just because, maybe, perhaps???...???

DID you know we have a Bronze Fonz now, too ???!!! Reason enough right there.

Rome

7. Crease

Crease

Looks like a blast!

8. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

i had a great time at the cheaters show thanks agains guys

9. If you put up a free beer sign in australia you would get killed in the rush.

10. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Just wanted to say thanks to the Cheaters for an awesome show!!! Made a perfect 163 mile round trip in my Model A and had a blast. Got to hang with many of my good friends and meet some new ones. The folks at the show were all having a great time and there were some awesome hot rods and customs on display (although I didn't have time to take any pictures). The Cheaters provided some free cold PBR and the Nite Owl's burgers are some of the best I've had. I already look forward to #11. Well done fellas!!

11. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

thanks for the pics jack! got a story on the red vette? not really a vette type of guy,but that one really looks interesting.again thanks for posting the pics

12. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

looks like a good time hope to make it next year...jones

13. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

Same shit happens here in Milwaukee. They don't call it brew town for nothin. 4 rods, 1 kustom and a shitzu were trampled shortly after the sign went up.

Swell time for sure. Lots of bitchin rides and tons of peeps. Cheaters keepin it real in the '09. Thanks for a great time had by all Cheaters gang. We had to park my pile 5 blocks down. You guys need to have shuttle service next year! :)

14. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

The only thing I know about that Vette is that it is an origional 54 that has never been touched...by a man in it's thrill zone... A local Motorcycle shop owner, Compition Cycles is the owner. I guess that it hasn't seen the light of day in a bunch of years, so we were honered to see it at our show. It would have been bitchin' to have Jesse's origional T Bird sitting next to it, but he couldn't bring it because his wife was due to calf on the day of our show. Thanks!!!!

15. CheaterRome

CheaterRome
    from URANUS

More pics master Jack..Please.

Rome

16. Murphbar

Murphbar

Great show, great people. Thanks for the free beer....

17. Another great show. Even got to meet a few HAMBers I hadn't seen before. Thanks much!

Max

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thank you for the photos. I had planned to attend, but Da Grove called and my gassers were requested. My buddy Boneshaker attended and enjoyed the show. Perhaps next year will work out. More photos, please.

19. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

looks like a killer time,real nice photos,have any more?

20. Craven Moorhead

Craven Moorhead
    from New Berlin

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 9"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Owner/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026"/> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:shapelayout v:ext="edit"> <o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1"/> </o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--> Great show, I like the tight confines especially when it consists of the caliber of car that was in attendance. There was some of everything and a nice bike contingent. Quality event, happy to have attended.<o:p></o:p>
    Thanks Cheaters<o:p></o:p>

21. CheaterCarl

CheaterCarl

To all that attended & all that helped out I cannot thank you enough!!!
    The HAMB was a big part of spreading the word once again so Thanks to Ryan as well.

P.S. "The Vette makes em wet".....Silver Screen Legend, Bill Paxton

1st Place Duece Roadster Trailer Load (yes nude)
    Cheatercarl

22. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

I am going to have to wait until september. My flicker account is full. Sorry guys. I know there was a ton of guys there with cameras, share the wealth bros!!

23. Frankly, it was a disappointment. There were too many cars, and packed too tightly, which is why nobody goes there. I was scarcely able to maneuver my Rascal mobility scooter betwixt your various moto-cars. Where were the coupons? In the days of my youth, auto cavalcades such as yours did things to prevent this sort of wild, crowd-angering popularity. Perhaps you will considered relocating it to a distant rodeo ring or cow pasture?

Also, who was that delightfully plump young Adonis whom you stupidly kept confined to the kitchen? I believe his name was "Chris." I was hoping to see much, much more of this lad. I would like to get his advice on Rascal customizing, perhaps over an intimate dinner at Red Lobster. Please send his address and window location.

24. Show rocked, Cheaters made me feel all warm and fuzzy, beer cooled me off, and the 54 vette gave me wood....barn find been sitting 38 years was the scoop

25. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

37 years in the barn

competition cycle guy owns it, fuck im forgetttin his name right now, but COOOOL ass guy

great show as always, fuck the people talkin shit, i like that its packed in...

even though you guys hate me lol, good to see you all out, and a nice showing of cars as well! fuck, i was REALLY impressed with the # of good bikes, and even more impressed by the random old BMX guy ridin around on his original HUTCH!

26. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

Todd thanks. I saw you hittin switches on your way out. I didn't get a chance to come over and talk. You know we are all lowriders at heart... and BMX-icans!!!! Thanks for the Praise.
    Mike Zenor's coupe is bad ass. Nuf Said!!!!!

27. Thanks for yet another great show. I think you could get another twenty or so cars in the lot if you just tried to squeeze a little. It was great fun as always!

28. bonesy

bonesy

It always blows me away how much better a roadster looks without a windshield (or headlights for that matter.)

Great shot - looks like a great time.

29. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

I Miss you Mike!!!

30. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

got any more pictures of the red and white model a and the green one? thanks