Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chassis Saver Paint

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scibjenkins, Nov 10, 2012.

1. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

Chassis Saver Paint made by Magnet Paint.
    I painted some suspension parts with it earlier tonight. It laid down really thick, and smooth. It bled through my latex gloves, and won't come off of my hands, so I take that as a good sign. Looks like it will be durable and very purty! Has anyone else used this stuff before?

2. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

I've never used it AND I'VE NEVER SEEN IT EITHER!:D

How about posting a photo or three!

3. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

Will do... tomorrow :D

4. Yep, good stuff.
    Don't put it on too thick or it bubbles from solvent pop.
    Needs a top coat if it will see the sun.
    Not going to come off your skin, maybe if you sand it off. Will be there for at least a week.

Very similar to por 15

5. Works great! Skin takes a while, but it ain't coming off any clothes. I've used it on my Elco

6. cbcafe

cbcafe

That stuff is tough like bullets. It does fade when exposed to sunlight. If you have any paint left over, the best way to keep it from gelling on you in the can is to poor a thin layer of Magnet's S8 solvent on the top of the remaining paint to seal it from the air. Then make sure the lid and the top of the can are cleaned of paint and sealed with a layer of plastic in between. Failure to do that last step will make the can impossible to open later.

7. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

Thanks Cafe, I was wondering if it was even possible to get the can open more than once, haha.

I bought a gallon of it. Estimating by what I've gotten done already, I should be able to paint the whole frame with it, hopefully.

8. whid

whid

i used it on the interior of my truck..looked god and priced right....i think what i did on the can lid was wipe as much off as possible then lay a pice of clear plastic wrap over the can then put the lid on.....whid

9. 63 Avanti 3137

63 Avanti 3137

I found it peels like garlic skins if its just over a smooth (not pitted and rusty) surface after just 2 years. So just like Por 15 in my view. I prefer epoxy primer for clean metal.
    Works great on covering rust though.

10. Beau

Beau

I used it on my Mini floor pan inside and out. I like it. I also had to sand it off my skin.

11. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

Slopped some paint the other day.

Attached Files: